Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that's the case with Guimaraes - we didn't value him at his release clause and didn't attempt to make a bid in June when Newcastle were in need of meeting PSR requirements. It's more about matching valuations than them not wanting to sell (at the time).

I'm not pulling my face - like I said, it's disappointing that we haven't moved to secure the future and instead are signing a 33 year old player back who we didn't want to offer a 2 year deal to. Without any disrespect to Gundo, he'd still do a great job and matches our current desire to not spend big on the role.

Yes fully understand the position you are coming from and understand it’s not a slight on Gundogan in any way.

I’m sure the club probably expected to fill the position much easier but as you have highlighted with Guimaraes, it probably indicates that the club does not see value in the market for players In this position.

Gundogan coming in gives us a bit of breathing space to find the next player to fill the role and is ready made to step in, which obviously Phillips and Nunes have struggled to deliver. Additionally the money remains in the kitty to strengthen if required in January based on possible injuries etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.