Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again we should be looking forwards when signing players and not backwards. There are examples where clubs shouldn't sign their former stars even after having a good season. Ronaldo being the recent one.
I’ll give you your due Ray, you aren’t going to let this drop.

Again we should be looking forwards when signing players and not backwards.
we are. Jeremy and Savinho being great examples. It was our/Gundo's mistake that he left for a year. Thankfully that will now be rectified and I believe he still has a year or two left that would seem him near his peak (Pep clearly believes the same). It's a truly wonderful turn of events. The rest of the squad love him, the staff love him, the fans love him and that's not even starting to talk about him mentoring our young midfielders and ultimately fulfilling a coaching role for us. The best songs are always saved for the encore.

Again the solution isn't bringing him back in a playing capacity. We have Kovacic and although he doesn't score many he still can do the rest of Gundogan's game with a bit more mobility.

You would rather srtruggle for a year now, than sign an outstanding player for a year on a free who knows the club and can slot in straight away, because next year we might be in the same position as we already are? Sorry, I just don't get it.

You would rather srtruggle for a year now, than sign an outstanding player for a year on a free who knows the club and can slot in straight away, because next year we might be in the same position as we already are? Sorry, I just don't get it.
We didn't struggle vs Chelsea in the opening game and in the previous one vs United. Although it took a while Kovacic adjusted last season. We aren't really short in options.

We didn't struggle vs Chelsea in the opening game and in the previous one vs United. Although it took a while Kovacic adjusted last season. We aren't really short in options.

What has that got to do with needing to replace him in a couple years or a year?

Again the solution isn't bringing him back in a playing capacity. We have Kovacic and although he doesn't score many he still can do the rest of Gundogan's game with a bit more mobility.
He's not coming to replace Kovacic though, he's coming to replace Philips, and Nunes who have been poor signings. I for one know who'd I prefer to see in midfield if Rodri needs a rest. A midfield with Gundo and Kovacic would will me with more confidence than a midfield of Kovacic and Nunes.

Last edited:
I'll keep a bit more quiter but I am still a little uneasy with this despite what Gundo had really achieved at City.
The thing is Ray, even if it all turned to shit, what have we really lost? Though in my opinion it’s a brilliant signing of a genius of a player.

He's not coming to replace Kovacic thiugh, he's coming to replace Philips and Nunes probably who have been poor signings. I for one know who'd I prefer to see in midfield if Rodri needs a rest. A midfield with Gundo and Kovacic would will me with more confidence than a midfield of Kovacic and Nunes.
We can still bide our team and sign the right player in 12 months rather than rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.