Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference is that Gundogan (age 33) is coming back to just join the City squad whereas Ronaldo (age 36) was brought back to lead the United team. Another key difference is that we're looking for a player of Gundogan's profile whereas United already had a set XI and completely switched things up to accommodate Ronaldo.
Gundo is still a highly influencial player and I don't think he is going to expect to play a perhipery part at City. He has retired from international football so that is one less demand. Rightly or wrongly he publically shamed his former teamates at Barcelona and that has probably ended his short spell at his one of boyhood clubs.

Last edited:
An interesting signing should it happen. Outsiders will decry it as desperate and backward looking. However, we only need him to come on in games around 60 minutes and help us keep possession. We just need to do everything possible to keep the key players fresh for April/May, and anything extra he can bring is a bonus.
SSN have just been creaming themselves over this, they also banged on about just how well run we are generally and in regards to transfers, both in and out, and how rarely we get anything wrong.

It's going to be amazing having either himself or Kova being able to play some of the cup games mentoring the young lads, giving Rodri a rest as and when needed, we could genuinely be back on for a clean run again with our quality in depth.
The question is will Pep rotate more or will he near enough stick to his strongest line up throughout?

SSN have just been creaming themselves over this, they also banged on about just how well run we are generally and in regards to transfers, both in and out, and how rarely we get anything wrong.
whos done that and did neville and carragher run on and drag them out of the studio at the same time.

Except in this instance ... according to all your posts.
It could still really turn out to be. A few more said about Kalvin Phillips and were proved correct (I changed and decided to give him the benefit of doubt). I got it partially wrong with Grealish although that is mostly down to off-field work that he has won me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.