Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should move forwards…the new players are integrating well…..we’ve had the best years of Gundog and would rather not see him return in all honesty
Same for me, don't go backwards. I want the young players to get the game time they are the future. Gundo good as he was is the past. It was his choice to leave for the mighty Barcelona.

Na, we would be doing them a favour taking him off their wage bill. Cancelo is still that 25m deal in whatever loan arrangement they can agree.
Agree, if this is true it just smacks of typical Barcelona trying to take the mick !

Can't but imagine what Mc Atee and O Reilly think. Thought they were the future, maybe not Peps future.
We've enough players in their 30s. Reeks of Pep not extending.

Not long after he left us, I read an interview Gundo' gave about his time at City. About Pep, he had nothing but absolute respect and admiration for what he had achieved. However, he did hint that, after several years at the club, the pressure of Pep's continual drive could be a factor for some players.
Was he including himself?

His comments after the El Classico loss spoke volumes about the differences in the dressing room at City and Barcelona. For a professional like him, it had to be a culture shock and can see why he might have needed to leave to see how special the group at City is.

Last edited:
Definitely………

Well let's look at Jonny Evans. It's been a bit of a joke, but he's half the player gundogan is but went back to them on the back of a good spell at Leicester.

As I said, we've had a laugh about it, but he's actually played reasonably well for them and afforded decent cover for when their first choice defenders were unavailable.

Gundogan on the other hand has had a great season in la liga with Barca, looked great for Germany over the summer, and was widely regarded as one of the best in Europe not 6 months ago.

He's not starting over Bernardo, kdb, foden, or rodri... But if they need a rest, why not if we can get him back for equivalent of nothing?

Reactions: dom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.