Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that player had just had a great Euros off the back of a good season in Spain would we me mocking them?
I don't put a lot of stock in the Euros. The competition level is below the PL. I mean didn't Kalvin Phillips have a great Euros at one point?

I don't put a lot of stock in the Euros. The competition level is below the PL. I mean didn't Kalvin Phillips have a great Euros at one point?
Before he shattered his shoulder muscle and needed extensive surgery which ultimately ended his top-level career? Yes.

The only downside ( and I'm not sure if is a downside) to Gundo returning is that our younger players may get no recognisable game time.
From our panel yesterday, we were missing Rodri and Bobb and Echeverri may be with us in the new year.
The likes of Nunes is slipping further down the list and McAtee and OReilly will drop out of the panel altogether.
The upside of course is that Gundo will improve our squad
The way Pep uses subs, McA will be on if we're comfy to rest Phil or Kev late in games especially the latter, if Kev is tired and the game is tight Gundog will be the choice.

I'd suggest in a tight game Pep would normally leave Kev on and not trust McA as a relative youngster hence, increasing Kev being fatigued or even picking up a knock.

BBC story on Gunders details his season at Barca, his discussions with Flick, his captaincy of Germany at the euros.
There seems to be a gap in the narrative here, or maybe ‘he left City on a free transfer’ covers the extraordinarily successful and trophy laden career he had with us.
Maybe I just imagined him.
'Sergio Aguero - An Atletico Madrid and Argentina legend who married Diego Maradona's daughter. 3rd in the all-time scorer list for the Argentina National Team, he won the UEFA Cup and Super Cup at Atletico Madrid, as well as the Golden Boy award. Also played for Manchester City'.

Not worried about McAtee's minutes. This is his year to learn. Like Foden in 18/19. He'll get sporadic appearances, people will call for another loan move, meanwhile McAtee will be training every day with the best players in the world in his position. By next season he'll be that little bit older, little bit wiser, and closer to being ready to step up a bit and take his role in the squad.

Nunes is fucked, though. Needs to get on the blower to his agent pronto. Portugal, Saudi, anywhere, he's done here if Gundogan comes in. Thanks for that cracking penalty and occasionally looking decent against very low-quality teams, and for being part of a team that won the PL, but he doesn't get minutes anywhere unless he wants to become a full-back. Something tells me he doesn't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.