Ilkay Gundogan - He's Back, Welcome Home

think carson is more than a keeper, he's part of the group and most likely helping the young keepers on while retaining a percentage of match fitness just incase he's called on
.....or he has the photos of the brown envelopes !!

Must admit I like Carson though mate he seems a top bloke around the squad
Wasn't a dig at Carson, love the guy, it was just an example of how they keep renewing Carson's contract as member of the squad but not gundos when he wanted it (supposedly) but I'm hearing different things all the time

One minute the club offered him an extension and he turned it down
The next he wanted to extend but the club didn't (although pep did)

I'm not sure what to believe

But he's back now so it's all good and non of that matters now, no different than if he went out on a season long loan

Last edited:
Why can’t people wrap their heads around the fact Carson is effectively a goalkeeping coach, not really a member of the playing squad.

We don’t just offer him contracts for a laugh.
That’s true but why not just give him a coaching contract and have him coach a younger number three?

As a 3rd choice keeper is v v rarely needed and if it is is likely for matter of minutes due to an in-game injury to 2nd keeper. Therefore, as Carson is keeping himself fit enough for that and offers much more on wider basis why employ a new 3rd keeper who would likely demand more salary and certainly offer less off the pitch.

Gundogan our number 8
City showed his contract late
Off to Barca for one year
Now he's back were on the beer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.