Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again the solution isn't bringing him back in a playing capacity. We have Kovacic and although he doesn't score many he still can do the rest of Gundogan's game with a bit more mobility.

I can only imagine how many posters are bookmarking your posts on this topic mate.

Each to their own though.

Would like to know how much City will pay in wages to Gundo. He has apparently waived £40 million in wages due from Barcelona by tearing up the two years left on his contract. He was the third highest paid Barca player.
Sometimes it's not always about the money today (although I presume there'll be a signing on fee). A 1 year contract with the option of another and possibly supporting him in his manager badges with the possibility of joining the coaching staff in the future (either at City or another CFG club). It's a totally unexpected signing but could be the signing of the season. Especially if it means we let Cancelo go there as part of a backdoor deal. Win win.

I can only imagine how many posters are bookmarking your posts on this topic mate.
I am not arsed on that. I do get things wrong. I have admitted that. United thought they would get the same player after his spell at Juventus and they were just as excited as Gundo's return is my point as well.

Thing I see with the "never go back" narrative is that most times these players are going back to solve problems at a failing club and are expected to be playing as much minutes as they were when they were successful there.l, it very seldom works out I agree. Gundo isn't coming back to fit in where he left , he will come back and give us the option of an experienced player who can slow down and control a game where needed. We won't expect him to be be a saviour of a declining club, but he will prove invaluable in my opinion to give us some savvy in seeing some games out.

Thing I see with the "never go back" narrative is that most times these players are going back to solve problems at a failing club and are expected to be playing as much minutes as they were when they were successful there.l, it very seldom works out I agree. Gundo isn't coming back to fit in where he left , he will come back and give us the option of an experienced player who can slow down and control a game where needed. We won't expect him to be be a saviour of a declining club, but he will prove invaluable in my opinion to give us some savvy in seeing some games out.
For a year It could turn out a shrewd move but again there isn't a real pressing need for that for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.