Ilkay Gundogan

I would be surprised if Silva was not in the starting eleven particularly as Pep chose him as Captain on saturday.

I think it will be Sterling and Sane fighting for one spot.

Gk
Sagna stones Kompany Clichy

Fernandiniho Gundogan

KDB. Silva Sane/Sterling

aguero

He was picked, as Pep stated, because he was the most senior capped player... I personally think silva will be used more sparingly over the next 12 months, just my opinion, of course!!

Haha he's a complete maverick, I love it. You're right about Kolarov, if anyone suggested it on here they'd have been banned for Wumming. Can't wait to see which premier league manager is first to try out the inverted fullbacks idea after seeing it in action yesterday!

It's easier said than done to apply a tactic... You can see a little of the cruyff influence in Koeman teams, however, Pep has evolved them. I suppose it's a little like the Revie plan first seen in action, or the 433 from the Brazilians!!

2 players who can play in multiple positions will only be fighting for 1 place.....Really?
I don't expect any form of consistent starting 11 and anyone who does is naïve.

And apparently football teams have injuries also. You have wrote a team, So has Zin etc. Its a bit of fun guessing what the preferred or more often used team is going to be.

So a Pep team and Sane, who he said can play five positions, maybe used in different roles? Well I never.

He was picked, as Pep stated, because he was the most senior capped player... I personally think silva will be used more sparingly over the next 12 months, just my opinion, of course!!

Be intetesting to see. If Nasri was more in favour I would tend to agree. But there is no better player in the team than Silva for keeping possession and enabling a team to dictate the game.

Be intetesting to see. If Nasri was more in favour I would tend to agree. But there is no better player in the team than Silva for keeping possession and enabling a team to dictate the game.

You'll like gundogan then Frank (:

Like you've said, it's all guess work, nobody saw yesterday's formation coming, he could use navas as a centre half next... I trust the man to get it right though!!

It's easier said than done to apply a tactic... You can see a little of the cruyff influence in Koeman teams, however, Pep has evolved them. I suppose it's a little like the Revie plan first seen in action, or the 433 from the Brazilians!!

Definitely and this was only game one! Looking forward to seeing what other surprises we see throughout the season. Trying to guess the lineup and tactice will be part of the fun!

You'll like gundogan then Frank (:

Like you've said, it's all guess work, nobody saw yesterday's formation coming, he could use navas as a centre half next... I trust the man to get it right though!!

Your right about Gundogan but he will play deeper and it will be the responsibility of KDB and Silva to play in the 'interior' positions that Pep favours based on the Juego de Posicion philosophy.

Your right about Gundogan but he will play deeper and it will be the responsibility of KDB and Silva to play in the 'interior' positions that Pep favours based on the Juego de Posicion philosophy.

You think superiority can be attained by playing those two, Frank? I personally think they can't play together, not to the desired effect. The interior positions are fundamental, however, only to stretch through pace created for the wingers. We will dominate through our wide positions!

You think superiority can be attained by playing those two, Frank? I personally think they can't play together, not to the desired effect. The interior positions are fundamental, however, only to stretch through pace created for the wingers. We will dominate through our wide positions!

Dont get me wrong im not an expert on this but what we saw on Saturday seemed to reflect this.

Two wingers stretching the opposition, Aguero centrally and then KDB and Silva playing at the base of the triangles of the front five.

From reading the papers these are the key positions, the interiors, as they play the decisive pass, so it makes sense KDB and Silva our most technically gifted players occupy these positions.

When we get either of our center half's back to play beside stones, will Clichy lose out to kolorov as in this formation he's better going forward and better distribution than gael ?
Sorry wrong thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.