Ilkay Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've signed 4 off us in the last couple of seasons
None of which have ripped up trees. On leaving here, the drop in intensity, both physically and psychologically, is enormous and under appreciated, and it would appear to affect how a player performs. I wish Gundogan well but I suspect we’ve wrung so much juice out of him in the last three seasons that his body will now find the transition hard irrespective of how much slower the league is.

Players can say all the right words- ’fresh challenge’, ‘restart‘, ’exciting opportunities’, but when you are leaving for better terms and maybe to keep the spouse happier in a more ‘Insta’ friendly environment, then your cutting edge is no longer as sharp and you simply never get that edge back on a consistent basis. That’s not a criticism of any player, just an appreciation of how intense it is under Guardiola.

Was that because he tried a knee-slide again? :)
He did his iconic face-plant twice already. He is an intelligent person, after all, as he finally learned his lesson. His statue unfortunately will have him eating dirt. I actually think the second time was little too choreographed.

2017-Zaba
2018-Yaya
2019-Vinnie
2020-Merlin
2021-Aguerooooo
2022-Ferna
2023-Gundo

Every year since 2017 we have let go one of our legends on a free. Guess, that's the price that we have to pay for being so successful. Absolute joy and then absolute heartbreak. Can't have it any other way TBH.

Farewell Gundo and heartfelt thanks for all the crazy memories. City supporters will always remember what you did for us.

ABSOLUTE LEGENDS ALL OF THEM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.