Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really torn on this. He isn't quite the player he was and he left on such a high note it seems a shame to risk his legacy at the club. On the other hand if he can produce somewhere close to his last couple of season's form he'll be a welcome addition!

He could come on, score 5 own goals in the derby and then go off in a wheelchair, how does that take away anything from him being our treble winning captain and club legend.

My worry is that Barca are going to fuck this up. They'll get some cheeky 10mil bid from fenerbache or a Saudi club and say, "oh I know we told you you could leave for free but we really need the money, we need a few million to save face"

Am I overthinking how shitty Barca are run?

They need him off the payroll and the player only wants to come to city. They can’t really play funny buggers.

Genuinely happy Gundo is coming back, so not complaining in the slightest, but…

What was our actual plan for midfield reinforcement going into this season, given Gundo leaving Barca is just a chance event that we’re lucky to be able to pounce on.

You’d think they’d have been planning throughout last season for the best way to solve the Rodri dependency issue and this clearly isn’t that plan.

Bit of a get out of jail free card.
They trusted Kovacic to do it when needed, and in their defense, there was no plan for Bobb to break his leg this late in the window. I know Bobb plays further up the field but a utility player like Gundo coming available fixes more than 1 issue short term.

What was our actual plan for midfield reinforcement going into this season, given Gundo leaving Barca is just a chance event that we’re lucky to be able to pounce on.

You’d think they’d have been planning throughout last season for the best way to solve the Rodri dependency issue and this clearly isn’t that plan.

I think it was Bruno G. We obviously didn’t value him at £100m but thought we could get him for £85m but, that depended upon him forcing the move - which he obviously wasn’t prepared to do; or maybe Newcastle just wouldn’t contemplate selling and we’ve struggled for a credible plan B.

Txiki and Pep have been reading the market like an open book and knew there would be coming opportunities, they just had to wait and decide then. Release clause days are over, at least this summer.

They maybe didn't have Gundo on their cards, but hey.

For his welcome he should be left on his own sat on a bucket in the centre of the changing rooms….then everyone runs in and mobs him.

Gundo is great addition for two reasons.

1) Rodri cover.
When I imagine this midfield, I am not that worried about Rodri being rested or rotated.
Very high quality and decent midfield, capable to play against any team I bet.
---------Gundo------------
Bernie------------Kovacic

2) Julian Alvarez replacement. Can play second striker / false 9 roles. Especially after Oscar Bobb got injured, we needed someone like Gundo.

Here I am talking about Gundo as a squad player.

If Pep somehow returns to his "treble winners" formation, I think we still have the team to beat that RM Galacticos or whatever the fuck they call themselves.

Gundo makes all the sense there is.
FC Franco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.