Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but I also think he's been a victim of his versatility. However, as we saw last year, he was more outspoken than ever about not wanting to play on the wing, and he backed that talk up through the middle by more or less carrying us to the title. Shouldn't that be rewarded? Hasn't he bit the bullet long enough? Bringing in Gundo, an attacking midfielder, feels a disservice to Phil. Not to mention Kovacic, who just put on a brilliant showing, McAtee, who likely thought he could get some minutes there, giving up on Nunes, etc. As I said yesterday, if Gundo comes, I won't be mad about it, but I don't think it's a move that needs to be made.
But Gündoğan isn’t just an attacking midfielder.

He can play anywhere down the spine from pivot to false nine, a position that Phil plays brilliantly too.

If we don’t bring in an understudy for Erling, and he gets injured, we might we see either or both of them in that rôle.

Tell me you're not being serious re Sterling @Prestwich_Blue?

Let me put your mind at rest my friend. I was absolutely not being serious about Sterling. Not in any way, shape or form.

Edit. Just seen how many interactions that tweet got. There's clearly money to be made in shite wind-ups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.