Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep doesn’t seem to trust Kovacic? With the greatest of respect I’ll have whatever you’ve been on blue.

Yeah Kovacic played in 30 PL games last season, granted he didn't start all, but he did also play in big games like the Real Madrid games. I think people who say he's a squad player or Pep doesn't trust him are really selling him short. Pep clearly rates him highly and plays him plenty.

Yeah Kovacic played in 30 PL games last season, granted he didn't start all, but he did also play in big games like the Real Madrid games. I think people who say he's a squad player or Pep doesn't trust him are really selling him short. Pep clearly rates him highly and plays him plenty.

He wanted him to replace Fernandinho IIRC

What more does he have to do to play there full-time? He's 24 now and will, in all likelihood, be voted POTY by his peers tonight at the PFA awards. Why is he held to such a different standard than non-academy players?
I can't be arsed arguing pal. I'm in a good mood about Gundo coming back, you should be too.

I agree, but I also think he's been a victim of his versatility. However, as we saw last year, he was more outspoken than ever about not wanting to play on the wing, and he backed that talk up through the middle by more or less carrying us to the title. Shouldn't that be rewarded? Hasn't he bit the bullet long enough? Bringing in Gundo, an attacking midfielder, feels a disservice to Phil. Not to mention Kovacic, who just put on a brilliant showing, McAtee, who likely thought he could get some minutes there, giving up on Nunes, etc. As I said yesterday, if Gundo comes, I won't be mad about it, but I don't think it's a move that needs to be made.
Stop complaining about something you darkly think might happen but probably won’t. Foden minutes will be fine, and Alvarez minutes need divvying up. Plus we have the smallest squad in the Premier League. Plus Ilkay is a brilliant and versatile player, we know him and he knows us. It would be a brilliant deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.