Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
need to see if or what we are currently working on to make the call. Anyone in the pipeline we'll be shelving or no?

Barca are great are luring players to joining them and washing their hands of them after a ridiculously short time. If the deal works for us then I hope Gundog comes back.

We should bring him back, but only on a one-year contract, maybe with an option for +1. Then in the next window, go for Wirtz or Musiala, although he's a different type of player. I think we need more smart, technical players who can pass well. Like KDB, David Silva, Gundo. Unfortunately, that's very rare these days. Though Echeverri looks good from what I've seen of him on YouTube so far.

Would we really pay a transfer fee and big wages on a 33yo. We don't do these sort of transfers
Wages won’t be an issue, it going to break the structure and would be similar to what he was on before. Transfer fee is where it gets difficult but there is the security it’s Gundo, he knows the club so well you’d be confident he’d hit the ground running again.

Barca have let a few go like this over the years and don’t think it would be mega money. But are the club ready to admit the dropped the ball in not resigning Gundo in front of the whole world and pay 10m in doing so? Unfortunately I don’t think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.