Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realize how ridiculous it would be to force the reigning POTY through the middle into a position that he clearly isn't as impactful at and has publically said he doesn't want to play anymore?!

Phil has sucked it up on the wing for the betterment of the team for YEARS. He got given his chance last year through the middle and did more than take it. He ran with it.
Im not saying i agree but he's most likely to move than KDB or Rodri in the middle.

Dear football Germany,After a few weeks of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that it is time to end my national team career.I look back with great pride on 82 international matches for my home country – a number I could never have dreamed of when I made my debut for the senior national team in 2011.My highlight was definitely the huge honour of being able to lead the team as captain at our home European Championships last summer! After all these years, we finally managed to make the nation proud again - I'm very happy that I was able to play a part in that.But even before the tournament, I felt a certain tiredness in my body and also in my head, which got me thinking. And the games at club and national level are not getting any less.I will definitely continue to be a fan of this national team and I really hope that we can continue the upward trend together - and then there is nothing to stop us from being one of the closest contenders for the title at the 2026 World Cup. We have a fantastic coach, a really strong team and a great team spirit.Thanks to all the fans, staff, coaches and teammates who have accompanied me on this journey.It was an honor!Thank you, Germany! Your Ilkay

Im not saying i agree but he's most likely to move than KDB or Rodri in the middle.
could say the same about our wingers, remember we pushed up gvardiol so foden could tuck in the middle. KDB also wont play every match anyway

Just to clarify that twitter nonsense:

AFAIK, the contracted Torres payments left for his transfer are
€ 15.75m in 2025 and
€ 13.75m in 2026.

That would only change if both sides agree. Barca obviously isn't interested.

could say the same about our wingers, remember we pushed up gvardiol so foden could tuck in the middle. KDB also wont play every match anyway
could be but dont think it'll be the Foden/KDB pairing 24/7 people are expecting. Phil will be shuffled around again with SIlva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.