Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan isn't really someone where it's justified to make an exception for. He will just take minutes away from the likes of Bobb and other younger Man City midfielders who needs playing tine.

Real Madrid have become a desirable top institution of World Football thanks to Perez changing up their transfer policies.

- Spend big money on very promising young players with big re-sale value
- Free agents of top tier players in their prime
- Loans on small wages for aging players

Gundogan was one of Barca's best players last season and earns €20m. I doubt he will accept not playing a single minute of football.
I don't see why Gundogan would impact Bobb's minutes much.

From now until December, Bobb isn't playing anyway.

January onward, they play in totally different positions. The only question is James McAtee, who may well get some decent minutes this year, but from what we have seen so far my guess is that McAtee's minutes, if he gets many, will come almost entirely in the first half of the season. A bit like Rico Lewis last year - even the best young players (and Rico is exceptional, I don't doubt) are tough to pick when you're in the business end of the season and know that every game is a must-win. If they fuck up it's even more negative for them than it is for you.

If I had to guess I see an Aleix Garcia-esque pathway for McAtee this year: minutes until Christmas, mainly in the cups, then head on loan until the Summer. Of course, Garcia is playing for the unbeaten Bundesliga champions now, so that's not me saying I think McAtee is a bad player in any way.

As to your last point, I don't personally feel that Gundogan is one of those players who would prioritise their wage above all else. I think he will take a cut in exchange for the chance to be happy in his workplace.

Foden is most likely getting move outwide. left or right take your pick
Do you realize how ridiculous it would be to force the reigning POTY through the middle into a position that he clearly isn't as impactful at and has publically said he doesn't want to play anymore?!

Phil has sucked it up on the wing for the betterment of the team for YEARS. He got given his chance last year through the middle and did more than take it. He ran with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.