Ilkay supports Erdogan / Booed by German fans (P5)

The Iraqi team used to get tortured if they were sh*t lol
Ilkay damned if he does damned if he doesnt
But are they booing him because of what he said and did or because he from Turkish decent ?

Apparently they booed both him and Ozil for the same reasons last Saturday, but interesting that the BBC saw fit to report it when Ozil was missing last night, and it was 'Manchester City's Ilkay' who was getting all the flack....

tbh I think he deserves it, you are taken in by a country you support that country. (Not some dictator from the country you rejected!) Hopefully it will pass or he can ignore it, but it was a silly thing to do in the first place

tbh I think he deserves it, you are taken in by a country you support that country. (Not some dictator from the country you rejected!) Hopefully it will pass or he can ignore it, but it was a silly thing to do in the first place
he has family in turkey and so it's in his best interests to keep the turkish state sweet.

the whole "my president" thing was just politeness, it's similar to saying "mr president" except he is, as ilkay is of turkish descent, technically "his" president.

not great optics i now but for me the german press have gone way over the top in virtue signalling on the issue.

The thing is the Turks in Germany are 2nd class citizens. Migrant workers and not German citizens even if born there (unless that has changed recently)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.