Ilkay supports Erdogan / Booed by German fans (P5)

The thing is the Turks in Germany are 2nd class citizens. Migrant workers and not German citizens even if born there (unless that has changed recently)

That's a very general approach. Isn't that the same all over the world, foreigners and people who are different in some way are being treated differently? It's a complex topic and takes ages to change within human societies. We really shouldn't go into that discussion here.

-----

It's a typical black and white story if you ask me.

Gündogan met Erdogan as a PL player with a Turkish family background.
He can give away his signed city shirt to whoever he wants worldwide.
He can style his mustache as a clichee as much as he likes. Even if he never did it before.
He also is allowed to have a personal political opinion about other state's presidents.

He didn't do it in a DFB outfit. He didn't say Germany is shit.
Since years he has been asked to support projects about integration of Turkish people into the German society.

Yes, Erdogan had his election purposes. Maybe also Gündogan had business purposes. I don't know.
Both is not forbidden and state of the art in our corrupt world.
Btw didn't the Prime and the Queen also treat Erdogan with all honours?

Off the pitch people can demonstrate against Gündogan as much as they want.
On the pitch they are booeing the full team and in the end their own colours.
Low should be fuming about home fans booeing his team for an incident some nationalist no-brainers are unable to separate from football.

Of course we can discuss the whole world history in the stands (and actually it's about time we finally start, looking on the world...).

A society should discuss much more important topics on a different platform. But we don't. We boooo and move on to the next topic.
It's easier.

I vote for football being about football only.

Tbf german fans are more organised and socially political in a way where if they find something a pisstake (monday night football, banning standing, ticket price hikes) they protest together as one, Erdagon is a **** and the fans are right to think anyone wanting to associate with him are deserving of a boo, but only once.

England however boo sterling becuase a shite paper encouraged them to.

For me the germans have it the right way round

Heres a question, if it had been revealed pellers had been a pinochet supporter, would you have booed him and wanted him sacked let's say? Here I would say fans wouldn't care but if he was at dortmund he would have been forced out.
(can I add this is a hypothetical and I don't believe pellers was and am not accusing him of it)

he has family in turkey and so it's in his best interests to keep the turkish state sweet.

the whole "my president" thing was just politeness, it's similar to saying "mr president" except he is, as ilkay is of turkish descent, technically "his" president.

not great optics i now but for me the german press have gone way over the top in virtue signalling on the issue.

'He has bought an office building for 5 million EUR from the district his parents come from and plans to build a 13-floor-shopping mall there. For that you need the "help" of the ruling party... So - no - everybody that thought Gündogan was there accidently - he was not, he was there on purpose. He just misjudged the response that would have in Germany.

Gündogan is not the "dumb" migrant but one that has A-levels and is smart. Not like Özil who barely passed school and is as stupid as a bread. Actually both never even had a turkish passport.

In Germany you have the brown soup - very right wing - would love to have a national team full of Bio-Germans.

Than the ones that are integration sceptics. That a lot of turkish second and third generation Turks live in Germany, enjoy the freedom they have in Germany but on the other hand vote for Erdogan does not go well...

The German national team is taken as showpiece for Integration - especially players like Gündogan or Özil.

The German FA now sells it as naivity of the players. Gündogan emphasized now in interviews how much he (and his family) believe in the German values - but actually he never distanced himself to Erdogan.

That story gives new munition to the right wing.

Heres a question, if it had been revealed pellers had been a pinochet supporter, would you have booed him and wanted him sacked let's say? Here I would say fans wouldn't care but if he was at dortmund he would have been forced out.
(can I add this is a hypothetical and I don't believe pellers was and am not accusing him of it)

I always had him down as a Pinot Noir supporter. It was the way he used to sit motionless in his dugout all afternoon. Sure sign of a night on bad wine. If he'd have come clean about it, I'd definitely have wanted him out. But nobody in their right mind would admit to drinking that shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.