Illegal streaming being clamped down on

I’d pay for it if I could afford it. The 70 quid between sky and bt a month is just outrageous . I understand there is a demand, unfortunately some of us struggle enough as it is. I will totally not continue streaming ;)

I’d pay for it if I could afford it. The 70 quid between sky and bt a month is just outrageous . I understand there is a demand, unfortunately some of us struggle enough as it is. I will totally not continue streaming ;)

There is a demand but people can find it illegally and cheaper elsewhere. If everyone thought it was value for money it wouldn’t be happening. Apparently the premier league are losing a million pound per game in lost revenue, surely they could recoup that back by launching an app where you could stream every game for a decent price and get rid of Sky and BT.

Sat dish and a card from Kosovo gets me all the games in HD for £70 a year, set up is the real expense, around £400 for the dish, box and installation but over 5 years (about the life of the box) works out £150 per year, can virtually watch any televised football being broadcast in Europe and no buffering.

There is a demand but people can find it illegally and cheaper elsewhere. If everyone thought it was value for money it wouldn’t be happening. Apparently the premier league are losing a million pound per game in lost revenue, surely they could recoup that back by launching an app where you could stream every game for a decent price and get rid of Sky and BT.
Thats interesting as ive just read that sky paid £3.6b for 112 games, so a million pound a match loss is absolutely bugger all in the grand scheme of things.

I reckon it would cost them more than that to clamp down on all these streaming sites, therefore i think this is a steamy pile of bullshit

I, also, can’t understand why you can’t watch 3.00 ko’s for a fee. Do the powers that be still think that streaming live matches affects live attendance?
Not in the Prem, but the thinking is fans wouldn't go and watch for example Bury or Oldham if the chance to watch City on the box at 3pm was available, therefore taking away the lower league clubs life blood

Not in the Prem, but the thinking is fans wouldn't go and watch for example Bury or Oldham if the chance to watch City on the box at 3pm was available, therefore taking away the lower league clubs life blood

I’m not convinced many city or united fans go and watch Bury or Oldham if the prem teams are away at 3pm on a Saturday.
And anyway, more widely, there are far too many full time professional clubs in this country. 92 clubs might have been a viable model in the first half of the 20th Century but not today. More of them need to cut their cloth accordingly, and move to a semi-professional model if need be.

I’m not convinced many city or united fans go and watch Bury or Oldham if the prem teams are away at 3pm on a Saturday.
And anyway, more widely, there are far too many full time professional clubs in this country. 92 clubs might have been a viable model in the first half of the 20th Century but not today. More of them need to cut their cloth accordingly, and move to a semi-professional model if need be.
You've misunderstood me
It's not City or United fans it's their own fans I'm talking about,
for example it's pissing down freezing cold Bury are playing Swindon at home, the concern is the casual fan which there are many would opt for the 3pm Prem game being shown rather than the Bury game, thus depriving Bury of match day revenue
Football is expensive even the lower league game, pies, beer and travel cost etc are still the same weather it be L2 or Prem
So if these fans had the option to spend £50 watching Bury in the pissing down rain playing turgid football or £10 watching City under Pep, with the all-star players in the comfort of your own home with cheap booze and food in the the best league in the world, how many are making the trip to Bury apart from die hards

You've misunderstood me
It's not City or United fans it's their own fans I'm talking about,
for example it's pissing down freezing cold Bury are playing Swindon at home, the concern is the casual fan which there are many would opt for the 3pm Prem game being shown rather than the Bury game, thus depriving Bury of match day revenue
Football is expensive even the lower league game, pies, beer and travel cost etc are still the same weather it be L2 or Prem
So if these fans had the option to spend £50 watching Bury in the pissing down rain playing turgid football or £10 watching City under Pep, with the all-star players in the comfort of your own home with cheap booze and food in the the best league in the world, how many are making the trip to Bury apart from die hards

Apologies mate, yes I did misunderstand

Apologies mate, yes I did misunderstand
No need for the apologies CB ;) I probably wasn't clear with my original post I do it all the time mate
I think the reason is outdated personally and they should allow 3pm Saturday games to be shown live with the option to purchase, they should then give a percentage of each games takings and distribute it to the lower leagues, protecting the Bury's etc and allowing us fans unable to make games the chance to watch our team as the game happens (legally)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.