Illegal streaming being clamped down on

You've misunderstood me
It's not City or United fans it's their own fans I'm talking about,
for example it's pissing down freezing cold Bury are playing Swindon at home, the concern is the casual fan which there are many would opt for the 3pm Prem game being shown rather than the Bury game, thus depriving Bury of match day revenue
Football is expensive even the lower league game, pies, beer and travel cost etc are still the same weather it be L2 or Prem
So if these fans had the option to spend £50 watching Bury in the pissing down rain playing turgid football or £10 watching City under Pep, with the all-star players in the comfort of your own home with cheap booze and food in the the best league in the world, how many are making the trip to Bury apart from die hards
but if you had your own teams season ticket it wouldn't be open to casual fans,if you paid a tenner a month for your team I think they would earn a fortune as loads would sign up

You've misunderstood me
It's not City or United fans it's their own fans I'm talking about,
for example it's pissing down freezing cold Bury are playing Swindon at home, the concern is the casual fan which there are many would opt for the 3pm Prem game being shown rather than the Bury game, thus depriving Bury of match day revenue
Football is expensive even the lower league game, pies, beer and travel cost etc are still the same weather it be L2 or Prem
So if these fans had the option to spend £50 watching Bury in the pissing down rain playing turgid football or £10 watching City under Pep, with the all-star players in the comfort of your own home with cheap booze and food in the the best league in the world, how many are making the trip to Bury apart from die hards

You’re right that this is the very reason 3pm games are not televised but look at the time games end and begin on a Saturday. I think if someone is going to watch a Bury they’ll go and most would likely miss the last part or first part of a televised game anyway.

I think club season tickets will be a thing. Probably with Amazon.

but if you had your own teams season ticket it wouldn't be open to casual fans,if you paid a tenner a month for your team I think they would earn a fortune as loads would sign up

Exactly. If your an expat Shakers supporter, say £10 a month to see all their games online would be a dream. Sky is likely desperate to prolong the current scenario, but it's going to happen.

If all 3pm games were broadcast and at a competitive price with different pricing options then streaming wouldn't exist.
Yup.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...treaming-services-yougov-survey-a8474436.html
Music piracy has fallen dramatically over the last five years, a new survey has revealed.

Published by YouGov, the report show that 10% of Britons illegally download music, down from the 18% who said they pirated in 2013. Of those who admitted to breaking the law, 22% said they expected to stop within the next five years.

Clubs shouldn’t be charging so much for tickets so that people have to give them up and then look for illegal free streams

Clubs should be building bigger stadiums and charging fans less so that less give season tickets up and more new fans get to go, and everyone from all walks of life can afford them. Therefore fewer fans would be looking for illegal free streams.

I don’t like how Yanks can watch all Prem games when British fans who can’t afford to go can’t watch any 15:00 Saturday games at all so have to look for illegal free streams.

Sat dish and a card from Kosovo gets me all the games in HD for £70 a year, set up is the real expense, around £400 for the dish, box and installation but over 5 years (about the life of the box) works out £150 per year, can virtually watch any televised football being broadcast in Europe and no buffering.

Mate ,which company did you use for this please?

Had a conversation with a mate about streaming, tv companies rights and the general greed around football, and we got into a discussion over whether the premier league, fa and broadcasters should be doing more to ensure that all can watch games where they have cameras anyway.

He works in the field of disabilities and mental health, and suggested that there would normally be an obligation from service providers to ensure those who cannot attend, be it due to age, mental or physical disabilities, can watch the games if they want to. As it is, in the UK, they can't easily.

The fact that able bodied can't either suggests that this isn't being denied specifically to others, but it's an interesting discussion - if they have cameras there anyway and are choosing to not make available due to fear of impacting on attendance elsewhere, reducing revenues or whatever, should they still be considering those who can not attend due to disability and providing an option?

As many of the the guys he works with have no ideal about how to stream legally or illegally, but some genuinely do love football yet would need much support to attend a game live, are they actually preventing the disabled and some sufferers of mental health from actually watching events? If so, is it on them to address it or not?

Confess I'd never much thought of that angle before, more the simple cartel-like money hungry position the premier league and broadcasters have created, but got me thinking at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.