I'm not a tactical genius but...

The Fixer

polishing silva's boots whilst blagging Nando's he
Why did we not play both ade and tevez up front today? against the rags, chelsea arsenal etc i can see why we would only play 1 up top and flood the midfield against that kind of quality but sunderland??

At the moment it would appear "must not lose" attitude tactics/formation rather than being a bit more adventurous?

Obviously Bobby has forgotten more about football than i'll ever know but sometimes even the best get it wrong.

Adebajor ? after what he told the press a few days ago I must admit that if I was mancini I would not have brought even on the bench.

yep we should have gone

Tevez---Ade---Johnson/Silva

----------Milner-------

-----Yaya-------Barry----

The Fixer said:
Mancio said:
Adebajor ? after what he told the press a few days ago I must admit that if I was mancini I would not have brought even on the bench.

Ok forget about what he said etc why not use 2 forwards against sunderland?

Because with Balo injured I don't think we have two forwards who compliment each other well enough to be effective.

For me, maybe I'd have changed things differently. Brought Silva on much earlier in place of Barry or DeJong, moving Toure slightly further back, and playing Silva, AJ, and Milner in behind Tevez.

BillyShears said:
The Fixer said:
Ok forget about what he said etc why not use 2 forwards against sunderland?

Because with Balo injured I don't think we have two forwards who compliment each other well enough to be effective.

For me, maybe I'd have changed things differently. Brought Silva on much earlier in place of Barry or DeJong, moving Toure slightly further back, and playing Silva, AJ, and Milner in behind Tevez.

Fair call billy, i suppose ade and tevez have never been great together i do wonder if balo was fit would he have played him up top with tevez?

aagree with some of the posts on here and it begs the question if we can see it (and we could see it last year as well) why doesnt RM do something about it instead of vigourously sticking to a system that doesnt work.

He is too one dimensional in his tactcis for my liking

I agree with the OP. Made a similar thread about this same argument. Tevez shouldn't have missed his one opportunity but in the end, Mancini has to shoulder a bit of blame here.

Away to Sunderland I did not agree with this team selection. I would have much preferred a standard 4 - 4 - 2 with 2 forwards OR to drop one of Barry or De Jong, move Milner into the middle and include SWP or Silva to give City more width. Apart from a few flashes by AJ we were very easily contained on the sides. Milner was well contained by Sunderland.

simon23 said:
aagree with some of the posts on here and it begs the question if we can see it (and we could see it last year as well) why doesnt RM do something about it instead of vigourously sticking to a system that doesnt work.

He is too one dimensional in his tactcis for my liking

Nowhere to be seen after the Liverpool win but up you pop after a defeat.

The same team wiped the floor with Liverpool and should have done the same to Sunderland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.