I'm not paranoid but, how smart are smartphones?

Not as weird as some of the stri, er, "performers". Remember the bar scene in Mos Eisley in the original Star Wars scene? Well; that should give you a fairly good idea.
My bars make the Star Wars bar look high class tbf...

I don't know what other people are seeing but there is an advert for Galaxy S10 phone at the bottom of this thread.

Your phone knows everything.

Camera and microphone can be remotely activated, and your phone could even be on when it appears to be off.

The only way to be certain it isn't transmitting is to remove the battery and SIM card.

You can also place it in your microwave (don't turn it on though) to stop it transmitting. However, it can still record and save audio and video and transmit once it is reconnected to a cell mast.

Reactions: mat
I still haven't seen conclusion proof that phones are listening to people without their consent and advertising accordingly.

It would be big news if that was proven.

I think the examples people give are where people search for stuff related to the things that then 'coincidentally' get advertised. Like say you started searching for gym kit. It might then make an assumption that you're thinking of taking up tennis so they advertise a tennis racket.

Then you have a conservation about the gym and it's tennis courts with your mate and then suddenly you have an advert for a tennis racket. And it's not because of your conversation but a logical guess from your original gym search.

Our head of IT says you’re entire technology in your pocket and at home is listening to you.

1984 isn’t fiction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.