I'm sick of it now

AdamManCity

Would people stop saying that second in the league and no trophy does not represent progress. The year before united won their first title under baconface they dropped a 5 point lead towards the end of the season and lost out to leeds, a year later they went on to win the league and look at them now. To say that we have not made progress frustrates me so much because even if we don't win the league this season we will have learned what it takes and will come back stronger and more experienced next season with an even better chance of winning it. Battling for a title with four games to go shows great improvement regardless of what happens in our next four games. And this makes the Mancini outers even more frustrating for me, we would be a much more successful club if we gave our managers more time in the past. In mancini we have a fantastic manager who has lead us to our first trophy in 35 years and has built a fantastic squad of players who are fighting for each other and the club, regardless of what the press say. To sack him would be the worst thing we could possibly do as any successful club needs stability and that is why it frustrates me that after one bad performance(arsenal) numerous fans called for his head despite it being a blip in an otherwise fantastic season, yes he made mistakes in that game as did many of our players and he will move on and learn from them.

Come on blues, we have had a fantastic season even if we dont win the league, we have seen our team play some of the best football they have ever played. A season should not be judged purely on trophys, this season will be pivotal in our history however it ends!

Tin hat time for you I'm afraid, people want instant success at any cost nowadays!
It is sad but it is too easy for some people to demand we win a trophy a season now that we have the first one in 35 years under our belt!

I am with you. Do I want the league now, yes. Do I see what good losing it this year could offer our young men mentally, absolutely. I for one have no doubt that we have improved this season. I want it this year so bad I can taste it, but losing it could offer some interesting learning experiences for some that they might not have gotten if we won it this year (as far as our young players go, even academy players seeing how our first teamers respond professionally). I feel that "chip on their shoulders" and "realization" of what can happen if you are not fully mentally prepared week in and week out, could be an amazing piece of foundation laid for the many years of future this club is going to have.

CitytillIdie74 said:
Tin hat time for you I'm afraid, people want instant success at any cost nowadays!
It is sad but it is too easy for some people to demand we win a trophy a season now that we have the first one in 35 years under our belt!

When I look at owners like Abramovic and Liverpool right now, you are right, it's now or never for those guys. But our owners have understood long-term success is not bought, it's cultivated and built. Yes, they bought huge in the beginning, but I think I would chalk most of that up to getting under the Financial Fair Play Door that was shutting quick. I fully expect our owners to be more than pleased with the progress the team has made this year. I also think Mancini is doing a great job. It's tough for City fans just because we have lived in this shadow of one of the worlds most recognizable franchises. We just can't wait to shove it in their faces like they have done to us over the years. We as fans just have to remember to be patient. I have only been following the team about 10-11 years, but I can wait more. Winning was not why I started following this club, so I refuse to let not-winning make me disgruntled. This is what its like to be City right?

AdamManCity said:
Would people stop saying that second in the league and no trophy does not represent progress. The year before united won their first title under baconface they dropped a 5 point lead towards the end of the season and lost out to leeds, a year later they went on to win the league and look at them now. To say that we have not made progress frustrates me so much because even if we don't win the league this season we will have learned what it takes and will come back stronger and more experienced next season with an even better chance of winning it. Battling for a title with four games to go shows great improvement regardless of what happens in our next four games. And this makes the Mancini outers even more frustrating for me, we would be a much more successful club if we gave our managers more time in the past. In mancini we have a fantastic manager who has lead us to our first trophy in 35 years and has built a fantastic squad of players who are fighting for each other and the club, regardless of what the press say. To sack him would be the worst thing we could possibly do as any successful club needs stability and that is why it frustrates me that after one bad performance(arsenal) numerous fans called for his head despite it being a blip in an otherwise fantastic season, yes he made mistakes in that game as did many of our players and he will move on and learn from them.

Come on blues, we have had a fantastic season even if we dont win the league, we have seen our team play some of the best football they have ever played. A season should not be judged purely on trophys, this season will be pivotal in our history however it ends!

A very good read and I for one am happy with the progress made to date,although I will be disappointed if we just lose out to the Rags.
Shit happens,but I`m convinced we`ll be stronger for it next year.
Over the past 6 seasons,IIRC we have come 8th,6th,5th,4th,3rd and now as a minimum 2nd place.
However,although a cup would have been very nice,I am more than happy to see us back again in the CL ! Now when was the last time (if ever) you said City and CL in the same sentence and in two successive seasons ??

Its been a great year,win or lose the title,before the season started none of the pundits predicted we would win,in fact from memory i don't think any of them had us in the top 2,and how many of us blues thought we would win it back in September,i am sure there will be a thread on here somewhere showing that there weren't actually that many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.