immigrants

raghunter57 said:
mcmanus said:
raghunter57 said:
Romanian immigrants who next?

Me.

I have to hold my hands up here. My great, great, great grandfather is from the west coast of Ireland, a place called Sligo. I'm the offspring of immigrants.

Mac my grandad Steve who I miss greatly and his clan were from the South west of the Republic but iam English not Irish.

I guess we are lucky that we are white and don't look like them funny coloured folk, eh?

mcmanus said:
raghunter57 said:
mcmanus said:
Me.

I have to hold my hands up here. My great, great, great grandfather is from the west coast of Ireland, a place called Sligo. I'm the offspring of immigrants.

Mac my grandad Steve who I miss greatly and his clan were from the South west of the Republic but iam English not Irish.

I guess we are lucky that we are white and don't look like them funny coloured folk, eh?

Making gratuitous assumptions again mcmanus ? What colour are the posters on this thread anyway ?

Also, are Rumanians coloured ?

Also, aren't Irish part of the British Isles and therefore technically migrants rather than immigrants ?

RadcliffeRick said:
Don't worry. They will enrich the lives and culture of the people already living in the UK. After all there has been immigrants into the British Isles for thousands of years!!........................At least that is what we are constantly being told!!

You're constantly told it because it happens to be factually correct.

when I emigrated to Oz, there was a points system

you got so many points for the amount of money you could bring, points for your job (ie skilled/professional got more), points for being able to speak English, points for your age & points for your health, if you reached a certain number of points you could apply if you didnt you neednt bother applying. If your occupation was on a 'required' list you got even more points.
They were obviously wanting people who could afford a house, find a job and speak English, people who were healthy and wouldn't be a drain on the Health service (Medicare) and on the benefits system.

This all seems fair enough to me. Immigrants shouldn't be a burden on the tax payers of they're new country, I trust they do something similar in the UK ?

As long as all the Romanians are settled in Liverpool there wont be an issue, they will be dipped of any benefits or ill gotten gains by the master pick pockets and criminals of that city and have to go home..... broke...!

My nan was an illegal immigrant so thank fuck for immigration. My wife's an immigrant too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.