immigrants

I remember a couple of years ago being in Manchester centre early one Sunday morning (5 or 6 am) after a night out. There were a few stragglers like us left out but I noticed how many black and Asian and some Polish people were about. They were either going to work or going home but you would not have thought Manchester was a mainly white British city if you'd have seen the people around. These people were doing the jobs that a lot of us dont want to do but would rather blame it all on 'immigants'. I know I spelt it wrong but that's what they probably call them. Good on the ones who want to improve their lives and work hard.

I do think though we should be more selective when letting people in and have more of an Aussie outlook on it for the next few years at least.

Blue Mist said:
chabal said:
Blue Mist said:
Bearing in mind that todays news headlines are about a Methodist (white-English home grown) minister who swindled (allegedly) £75,000 from a charity before ruining the Co-Op bank, we have nothing to fear from the Romanians, whether they are gypsys or not.
Perhaps we should be more concerned about the rich bastards in high up positions blatantly stealing money and getting away with it. And before you say it I don't hug trees, knit lentils or look like John Lennon (before he was shot)

If only the Romanian immigrants could aspire to the same high standards of integrity as displayed by the banks, tabloid press and G4S

Don't even start me on G4S. They monumentally f*ck up the Olympic security and are then found to be defrauding the government for millions and yet they still have a contract with them ! (Oh and no one will go to prison)

They'd probably escape before they got there anyway.

Blue Mist said:
chabal said:
Blue Mist said:
Bearing in mind that todays news headlines are about a Methodist (white-English home grown) minister who swindled (allegedly) £75,000 from a charity before ruining the Co-Op bank, we have nothing to fear from the Romanians, whether they are gypsys or not.
Perhaps we should be more concerned about the rich bastards in high up positions blatantly stealing money and getting away with it. And before you say it I don't hug trees, knit lentils or look like John Lennon (before he was shot)

If only the Romanian immigrants could aspire to the same high standards of integrity as displayed by the banks, tabloid press and G4S

Don't even start me on G4S. They monumentally f*ck up the Olympic security and are then found to be defrauding the government for millions and yet they still have a contract with them ! (Oh and no one will go to prison)

Good points.

All these scare stories are designed to make ordinary folk angry about something other than the rich cunts lining their own pockets at our expense.

Why dont people on here get upset about food banks, the bedroom tax, ATOS and their fellow outsourcing thieves, bankers, lobbyists, privatisation of the NHS, the idiotic reforms to schools, nuclear power subsidies to the French, transport. Theres fucking hundreds of things to get really angry about but no they get angry that some Roma, some Romanians and some Bulgars may exercise what will become there legal right in order to better themselves.

is it midday yet?

No?

Fuck it I'm off back to bed all snuggly under my yoghurt/muesli knit homemade quilt, with the soothing lentil mosaic tree embroidery, nice.

But seriously, I'm really off to visit my daughter in hospital who has an inflamed pancreas and gall stones, and not making a cheap point, but the consultant she is under is a fine fellow who speaks good English and clearly is an expert, but without quizzing him, seems not to have been born in this country based on easy stereotyping.

On all levels of the NHS we need the skills of people not of these Isles, for the benefit of all, including those of us born here, even those of us whose Grandparents came over on the potato boat (yeah I'm a quarter Paddy).

I'd like to say a quick thank you to all those lovely Doctors, Nurses and Support staff who have helped her over the last couple of days, she has been in total agony, turned yellow due to jaundice - every one we've come into contact with has been fantastic, give yourselves a big pat on the back :)

As to the OP, eventually we will all just be Citizens of the Planet Earth, free to live, work and travel wherever we please without red tape and prejudice - that's the end game surely, and who would not want that?

All the best to your Daughter Jim hope everything is all well and she makes a speedy recovery.

<Xmas is coming and us lads need as many ladies fit and able to man the pumps for us on the festive day> ;-)

dazdon said:
All the best to your Daughter Jim hope everything is all well and she makes a speedy recovery.

<Xmas is coming and us lads need as many ladies fit and able to man the pumps for us on the festive day> ;-)

Thanks Daz,

she is a planner for Asda, and if she's not back at work soon, they might run short of Dried Fruit and Nuts over Xmas, and we can't have that!!!!!!

There's nowt worse in the whole world than your child in pain, and I've had kidney stones and the pain is truly awful, thank goodness for the morphine :)

I'm planning on returning to the UK next year with my family. As my wife is not a British citizen, she has to go through a quite rigorous process before being granted permission to reside in England. This seems (to me at least) to be a reasonable approach to dealing with immigration and one that is adopted by most countries. Establish adequate entry criteria and there shouldn't be any problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.