Immigration advice

Oystercatcher28

Team supported
CITY/Aberystwyth Town
Has anyone sought immigration advice for appealing a visa rejection? Home Office letter received with a rejection for my wife (and mother of our son, who has a UK passpoet, born overseas). Numerous points on there to make zero sense, and it overlooks the requested items (all of which was submitted) whilst then asking for more support. To the tribunal and appeal is it.

Despite a wedding certificate, copy of my son's passport and the original information stating when and where we met, the letter from the Home Office isn't satisfied that we've met. Frustrating as hell.

A massive f to the off to beautiful broken Britain. The next person who says "they'll let anyone in" will recieve an imprint of my forehead across their jaw. Rant over.

Has anyone sought immigration advice for appealing a visa rejection? Home Office letter received with a rejection for my wife (and mother of our son, who has a UK passpoet, born overseas). Numerous points on there to make zero sense, and it overlooks the requested items (all of which was submitted) whilst then asking for more support. To the tribunal and appeal is it.

Despite a wedding certificate, copy of my son's passport and the original information stating when and where we met, the letter from the Home Office isn't satisfied that we've met. Frustrating as hell.

A massive f to the off to beautiful broken Britain. The next person who says "they'll let anyone in" will recieve an imprint of my forehead across their jaw. Rant over.
Must be some sort of clerical error mate so worth appealing - there should be an appeals process outlined on the bottom or back of the letter.
Should be straightforward because tbh they'll let anyone in

Last edited:

I might be talking shit but have you tried getting in touch with your MP? Some of them are decent and might be able to help.

Of course you being a British citizen your son is entitled to a British passport and citizenship but your foreign wife isn't, they are obviously not satisfied with just a wedding certificate as it could be a marriage of convenience, my advice is to fix up an appointment with them and take all documentation etc in an interview, they may ask you questions separately, even simple things like which side of the bed do you sleep on, they are really good finding out if you are really properly married.

they may ask you questions separately, even simple things like which side of the bed do you sleep on, they are really good finding out if you are really properly married.

I hope they don't ask the wife any personal questions of me, like ships in the night and prisoners on different blocks we only converse at meal times or if there has been a crime committed :)

Of course you being a British citizen your son is entitled to a British passport and citizenship but your foreign wife isn't, they are obviously not satisfied with just a wedding certificate as it could be a marriage of convenience, my advice is to fix up an appointment with them and take all documentation etc in an interview, they may ask you questions separately, even simple things like which side of the bed do you sleep on, they are really good finding out if you are really properly married.
Genuinely pathetic though that. Who's having a kid together for a marriage of convenience? Where's the convenience of having to look after a kid for 18 years? The Tories made this process deliberately cruel and deliberately racist. How is the mother of a British citizen who is married to a British citizen allowed to be kept apart from her family ffs?

I had a similar thing (just a tourist visa) where the rejection letter made it clear that they hadn't read, or had misread the application. No appeal for a tourist visa though. I could have applied for a refund though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.