Immigration advice

Genuinely pathetic though that. Who's having a kid together for a marriage of convenience? Where's the convenience of having to look after a kid for 18 years? The Tories made this process deliberately cruel and deliberately racist. How is the mother of a British citizen who is married to a British citizen allowed to be kept apart from her family ffs?

I had a similar thing (just a tourist visa) where the rejection letter made it clear that they hadn't read, or had misread the application. No appeal for a tourist visa though. I could have applied for a refund though.
It's similar to the benefits system really... those that are the most genuine cases and most in need of help through no fault of their own find it the most difficult to access and claim, whilst for the grifters and piss takers who set out to deliberately take advantage and game the system its practically an open cheque book.

Broken Britain.

Has anyone sought immigration advice for appealing a visa rejection? Home Office letter received with a rejection for my wife (and mother of our son, who has a UK passpoet, born overseas). Numerous points on there to make zero sense, and it overlooks the requested items (all of which was submitted) whilst then asking for more support. To the tribunal and appeal is it.

Despite a wedding certificate, copy of my son's passport and the original information stating when and where we met, the letter from the Home Office isn't satisfied that we've met. Frustrating as hell.

A massive f to the off to beautiful broken Britain. The next person who says "they'll let anyone in" will recieve an imprint of my forehead across their jaw. Rant over.

I feel for you and your frustrations.

If your wife hasn't been to the UK before, you may very well have to start with a visitation visa for 6 months, have her return to wherever and apply for an appropriate visa (2, 5, 10 visa?) from there.

They, then, can't say you two have never met from the visitation one.

Good luck with whatever happens.

Has anyone sought immigration advice for appealing a visa rejection? Home Office letter received with a rejection for my wife (and mother of our son, who has a UK passpoet, born overseas). Numerous points on there to make zero sense, and it overlooks the requested items (all of which was submitted) whilst then asking for more support. To the tribunal and appeal is it.

Despite a wedding certificate, copy of my son's passport and the original information stating when and where we met, the letter from the Home Office isn't satisfied that we've met. Frustrating as hell.

A massive f to the off to beautiful broken Britain. The next person who says "they'll let anyone in" will recieve an imprint of my forehead across their jaw. Rant over.
GM Immigration Advice Unit might be able to help. They provide free legal advice to migrants including people in the process of seeking a spousal visa.

We used an immigration company for my wife and adopted son and they got their residence (and ultimately citizenship) without any problems. It's not cheap unfortunately but it took a lot of stress out of the process for us.

Do you qualify to bring her in on financial grounds?
Since April 2024 You’ve needed a minimum family income of £29,000 a year.

Last edited:

Get yourself an immigration lawyer mate, unfortunately they aren't cheap. Had to help one of the team at work who only wanted their parents to get a visa to visit from Iran and it took months and numerous letters, kept getting refused but eventually the home office charlatans acquiesced.

South African lad in London from work only married because it helped with his visa to stay. They never spent any time together. It happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.