In memory of Marc-Vivien Foe

i remember seeing him collapse in the game..........

it shows us all how quickly time flies by

use it wisely, this is not a dress rehearsal

he is gone, but not forgotten....................

I wrote this last night and was going to start a thread at midnight tonight myself. It doesn't matter who starts the thread only that we pay our respects. I was going to ask people to post their memories of him.

I was In the Nelson in Didsbury, it was a warm evening, I’d been playing football and just bought a pint to quench my thirst, my phone rang, it was my wife, I went outside to take the call. She asked me if I had been watching the football. “No” I replied “I’ve just come back from 5 aside”.

She knew how much he meant and how hurt I would be, I could hear her holding back the tears in her voice as she told me that Foey had died.

I sat down on the steps of the Nelly and I couldn’t hold the tears back from my eyes. I am struggling with that problem now while I write my memory of that night.

It is seven years ago today sadly, that Marc Vivien Foe passed away and that Manchester City and the football world lost a shining light.

A lion never dies – it sleeps

Patrice Etoundi Mballa wrote in the Cameroon Tribune at the time:

“We should not forget that Marc-Vivien Foe’s was a tremendous destiny. To die on the football field, having minutes earlier sung the national anthem of his nation and guided his teammates into the final of a major competition…few are granted the chance to end their earthly voyage in such beauty. Few have deserved such reverence and admiration from their homeland".

Sleep in peace Marc

FoeFlowers.jpg

Respected by some of the most influencial faces in world football, Marc Vivien-Foe, had a likeability factor like no other. Not only did he have the personality traits, he also had the ability to back it up. 10 goals (1 FA Cup) from midfield was not really replicated very often, especially in the early 2000's (2002 - 2003 season he done this).

He shall forever be our 23, he shall forever be the smiling man.

"A Lion Never Dies, It Sleeps!"

"Amazing, amusing, Bewitching, confusing, Frustrating, beguiling, Leaving us smiling"

At 28, after the season he had for us many, many clubs were after him and he was arguebly in the prime of his career with the world ahead of him at such a young age.

R.I.P Marc Vivien-Foe, 1 May 1975 – 26 June 2003.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.