In memory of Marc-Vivien Foe

Seems like yesterday & still brings a lump to my throat.

My thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P Big Guy, gone but never forgotten

Ricster said:
I used to play summer league football for my work, i went to the pub afterwards to have a drink. My Dad called me and said,
"Have you heard about Marc?"
I said, "Marc who?"
My Dad replied "Foe"
At this point i became upbeat as Marc was my favourite City player. Having seen him play with West Ham i must admit i had a soft spot for him back then, and when playing Championship Manager he would be the first player i'd sign for City.
I said, all excited "He's signed"
My Dad then told me the bad news, "He died tonight on the pitch playing for Cameroon"
By this time i was outside the pub and told my Dad i had to go. I sat down on the curb and began to cry.

For me Marc was everything that our club stood for. The right attitude, giving 100% and most of all his smile, even through the bad times. Very much like us, the fans.
I still believe that we have never replaced Marc in the team, but if rumours are true this summer might be the first in the signing of Yaya.

RIP Marc, we all still miss you very much.

Good post Ric---we're were in Rouen in normandy staying in the Mercure hotel at the time [ strangely enough holding a presentation evening for Rouen Fc ] and the match was on the tele in the lounge. We saw Marc on the pitch with all the medical guys around him. We thought it was a routine injury. Anyway we went out for walk for half an hour and when we came back. Tele turned off--disco for Rouen Team turned off, and huddled groupes of players.fans, with hotel guests talking quietly, looking distressed. I speak a bit of french and when i asked what's happened----" Foe--Il est Morte". Bloody hell--I've never sobered up so quickly in my life!<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:01 am --<br /><br />
Manci7y said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNmTlnm9S8g[/youtube]

Anyway-- this is the best way to remember him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.