In memory of Marc-Vivien Foe

36233_442159286328_709646328_6199768_7776855_n.jpg

Does anyone know how to change the size of this pic? I've tried on photo bucket but it wont work :(

I still have a picture of Foe from a paper 7 years ago in the kitchen , pride of place . I was young when he died and don't remember alot but i do knw he was a very good player and scored a good number of goals for us .

R.I.P Big Man , never forgotten

As a new City fan, I appreciate threads that cause me to look further into City history. Thanks to all for prompting me to learn more about Marc-Vivien Foe. It seems fitting that he score the last goal at Maine Road.

Foe23 said:
I wrote this last night and was going to start a thread at midnight tonight myself. It doesn't matter who starts the thread only that we pay our respects. I was going to ask people to post their memories of him.

I was In the Nelson in Didsbury, it was a warm evening, I’d been playing football and just bought a pint to quench my thirst, my phone rang, it was my wife, I went outside to take the call. She asked me if I had been watching the football. “No” I replied “I’ve just come back from 5 aside”.

She knew how much he meant and how hurt I would be, I could hear her holding back the tears in her voice as she told me that Foey had died.

I sat down on the steps of the Nelly and I couldn’t hold the tears back from my eyes. I am struggling with that problem now while I write my memory of that night.

It is seven years ago today sadly, that Marc Vivien Foe passed away and that Manchester City and the football world lost a shining light.

A lion never dies – it sleeps

Patrice Etoundi Mballa wrote in the Cameroon Tribune at the time:

“We should not forget that Marc-Vivien Foe’s was a tremendous destiny. To die on the football field, having minutes earlier sung the national anthem of his nation and guided his teammates into the final of a major competition…few are granted the chance to end their earthly voyage in such beauty. Few have deserved such reverence and admiration from their homeland".

Sleep in peace Marc
Dean i know you will do foey proud mate , good luck mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.