In memory of Marc-Vivien Foe

I was away on business and was watching the semi-final of the Confederation Cup, between the Lions and Columbia in a Sports bar in London. Around the 70th minute he collapsed with no one near him and the the match stopped for ages. At first I thought it was an injury but pretty soon it became clear it was something else. As the drama unfolded before my eyes I simply couldn't believe what was happening. When the news of his death was confirmed I just began crying and couldn't stop for ages. On the train back north, I just sat there in stunned silence.

I drove up to Manachester the next week and paid by respects at Maine Road. The scene was amazing with the floral tributes and scarves bedecking the front of the Main Stand. A moment I will never forget.

I think I'll remember him most for his power as a box to box player and his surging runs and shots. Especially the last goal ever scored by City at Maine Road a few weeks before against Sunderland.

I subsequently felt moved to do somthing and built the MCFC supporters Marc Vivien Foe tribute site which auctioned off various pieces of memorabilia to help fund Marc's football charity back in Cameroon. I still have the web pages somewhere - if anyone is interested.

RIP Marc

file.php

Argonaut said:
I was away on business and was watching the semi-final of the Confederation Cup, between the Lions and Columbia in a Sports bar in London. Around the 70th minute he collapsed with no one near him and the the match stopped for ages. At first I thought it was an injury but pretty soon it became clear it was something else. As the drama unfolded before my eyes I simply couldn't believe what was happening. When the news of his death was confirmed I just began crying and couldn't stop for ages. On the train back north, I just sat there in stunned silence.

I drove up to Manachester the next week and paid by respects at Maine Road. The scene was amazing with the floral tributes and scarves bedecking the front of the Main Stand. A moment I will never forget.

I think I'll remember him most for his power as a box to box player and his surging runs and shots. Especially the last goal ever scored by City at Maine Road a few weeks before against Sunderland.

I subsequently felt moved to do somthing and built the MCFC supporters Marc Vivien Foe tribute site which auctioned off various pieces of memorabilia to help fund Marc's football charity back in Cameroon. I still have the web pages somewhere - if anyone is interested.

RIP Marc

file.php

I'd be interested if you could post the link.

A somber day for many Blues.

Thinking of you Marc

Havnt got a lot of memories because im 16. But i do remember the passion and love he had for the game. I will always remember that day at Main Road.

R.I.P Marc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.