In what way were we negative yesterday?

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Nonsense, sorry but it really is!

Defend Mancini by all means but don't resort to trying blaming our best player in doing so ffs.
He had a very poor game by his own standards. You could see he ws getting very frustrated with himself and the refereeing

He was indeed but i also feel that he is getting more and more frustrated with Mancini and his tactics.

He needs support up top and he will get that if the team pushes up and Mancini allows players to get in the box.

Marvin said:
RACHACE said:
I think if you read and quote the actual match stats it is hard to justify saying we are negative, however if you watch the game 1st half imparticular we were awful considering we were playing against a team in 17th in the league.

We started with a slow tempo and only really had the Tevez disallowed goal as any meaningfull attempt in the 1st 45 mins. 2nd half we had Milner shot off the line and a clear one on one with Tevez clear through. Other half chances were maybe Barry and De Jong.

There were alot of shots especially from our capitan that were way off what is expected from a pro footballer and it was just a really bad day at the office for the team.

We will come up against this at eastlands all season, we HAVE to better and far more clinical when we get a chance. I am still happy with Mancini personally, I rekon top 4 finish will happen and possibly a Europa League final/semi. I would be happy with that come end of season.
Ist half was slow. But I remember AJ having a good chance in that half, and I alos remember a wonderful ball in fro Kolarov which I think Tevez wasted

Cant remember the AJ chance however either way taking into consideration the chances you have raised, 3 at home to Birmingham is not good.

2nd half was much better tempo and more chances were created but it was not our day. Still have faith in Mancini though, sacking him will do absolutly nothing positive for us

blueinsa said:
flb said:
We are so far stuck up Tevez's arse its untrue-he cost us the game yesterday.

Defend Mancini by all means but don't resort to trying blaming our best player in doing so ffs.

Tevez was poor yesterday fact-He isnt bulletproof from criticism at the managers expense

Quite a few Blues have turned into spoilt brats these days, its almost sickening. I want this, I want that, 4th isn't good enough and we should be murdering teams 5 or 6 nil every week according to many.

At the end of the day, yesterday's result boils down to the fact that we desperately need an out and out goal scorer, a poacher, a target man. Yesterday was a perfect example. Tevez can't do it week in week out on his tod and was dropping off way too deep at times leaving us with virtually no fucker up front.

Adebayor only turns up when he wants to, Santa Cruz is gash and Jo, as much as he tries, he isn't no where near good enough for the Premier League.

Had Balotelli not been suspended we'd have taken Brum to the cleaners yesterday, but I still reckon we're a little light on attacking options and a big target man, a Dzeko type player is a MUST in january.

For now though, as disapointing it was yesterday not to have picked up all 3 points, booing the team/manager at the final whistle was a complete and utter disgrace taking into account how far we have come over the past 3 season and people leaving 10/15 minutes early with the score still at 0-0 is a perfect example of why alot of other fans think our support is a joke these days. Embarrassing to be honest, fans like that don't deserve our owners!

flb said:
blueinsa said:

Tevez was poor yesterday fact-He isnt bulletproof from criticism at the managers expense

As an attacking force, the whole team were poor yesterday and i include the management in that.

I have also offered an opinion on ways of improving us in that department.

The way we play now we rely entirely on a moment of magic from Tevez and he wont keep doing it, especially if he is getting pissed off.

Mancini has to see this and adapt his tactics when needed.

FORZA CITY said:
Quite a few Blues have turned into spoilt brats these days, its almost sickening. I want this, I want that, 4th isn't good enough and we should be murdering teams 5 or 6 nil every week according to many.

At the end of the day, yesterday's result boils down to the fact that we desperately need an out and out goal scorer, a poacher, a target man. Yesterday was a perfect example. Tevez can't do it week in week out on his tod and was dropping off way too deep at times leaving us with virtually no fucker up front.

Adebayor only turns up when he wants to, Santa Cruz is gash and Jo, as much as he tries, he isn't no where near good enough for the Premier League.

Had Balotelli not been suspended we'd have taken Brum to the cleaners yesterday, but I still reckon we're a little light on attacking options and a big target man, a Dzeko type player is a MUST in january.

For now though, as disapointing it was yesterday not to have picked up all 3 points, booing the team/manager at the final whistle was a complete and utter disgrace taking into account how far we have come over the past 3 season and people leaving 10/15 minutes early with the score still at 0-0 is a perfect example of why alot of other fans think our support is a joke these days. Embarrassing to be honest, fans like that don't deserve our owners!

Agree with most of you post

blueinsa said:
flb said:
We are so far stuck up Tevez's arse its untrue-he cost us the game yesterday.

I agree completely with flb.

Tevez is the heartbeat of our team, but yesterday, by his own very high standards, he had a shocker. Mitigating circumstances though. 3rd game in 6 days after coming back from injury.

Agree with the point about our fans believing the media bullshit about our negative tactics and manager. There was a nervousness yesterday from the crowd very early on. The fan's are going to have to be patient. Teams are going to park the bus and everyone has to be patient. Utd & Arsenal score plenty of late goals.

Booing and negative chants mid match help no one. Never hear it at OT or the Emirates. Then again, Utd and Arsenal have belief in their team.

blueinsa said:
flb said:

As an attacking force, the whole team were poor yesterday and i include the management in that.

I have also offered an opinion on ways of improving us in that department.

The way we play now we rely entirely on a moment of magic from Tevez and he wont keep doing it, especially if he is getting pissed off.

Mancini has to see this and adapt his tactics when needed.

and this is the fundamental flaw......could you at anytime yesterday see us making a substitution to change the shape of the game. In fact the players sat on the bench were set up for one style of play only and that is dangerous at this level. We need to have options on the bench to enable us to change the shape of our team if the need arises during the game or if injury forces our hand.

If bob has no short term matchday plan B, then what are the chances of him seeing the overall declining influence of carlos

RACHACE said:
Marvin said:
Ist half was slow. But I remember AJ having a good chance in that half, and I alos remember a wonderful ball in fro Kolarov which I think Tevez wasted

Cant remember the AJ chance however either way taking into consideration the chances you have raised, 3 at home to Birmingham is not good.

2nd half was much better tempo and more chances were created but it was not our day. Still have faith in Mancini though, sacking him will do absolutly nothing positive for us

3 clear chances are not good ??

when you are a top player , a one payed 5 or 10M per year 3 chances HAVE to be anough.

look at the champions league final inter vs bayern ; inter got two half chances = 2 - 0 and all at home.

you cant think to play at top level and lost chances as a championship player in a championship game.

the defense in the top games dont let you 10 chances and if you have to go at that levels you have to be used to get the half chances you are going to get.

Regardless of arguments about negativity, I think a big problem with the way we play is the speed (or lack) of which we move the ball up the pitch - from defence to attack. When we bring the ball forward we do so lacking urgency or tempo, if you don't get the ball forward quickly it doesn't matter who you are playing, you are going to struggle to break them down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.