In what way were we negative yesterday?

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Push up, commit players, quick one touch passing with good movement off the ball, that's what was needed yesterday.

The squad we have is more than capable of playing that way as well.

Birmingham were comfortable, we didn't ask them enough questions because our play is slow and predictable and unless Bobby can get a plan b, every single manager in this league will come to Eastlands, play the same way and we will drop the points we need to grasp that top 4 spot.
I think they are capable of big improvements. Your judging the attacking play of City minus Balotelli and Adebayor and with Teve half fit. Not surprising you come up with a negative result
But we won't be able to play our first choice XI every week. There will be injuries and suspensions and what blueinsa is saying is that there is no Plan B for when, say, Ballotelli or Tevez aren't playing.

Sabster said:
shadygiz said:
and this is the fundamental flaw......could you at anytime yesterday see us making a substitution to change the shape of the game. In fact the players sat on the bench were set up for one style of play only and that is dangerous at this level. We need to have options on the bench to enable us to change the shape of our team if the need arises during the game or if injury forces our hand.

If bob has no short term matchday plan B, then what are the chances of him seeing the overall declining influence of carlos

We brought on RSC to add more of an aerial threat....

And when our two other best attackers are injured who are we supposed to bring on?

absolutely useless if you're not going to commit support players forward to capitalise on the knock-downs or hold up play.

how many more times did we get to the byline and put in a decent cross to gain advantage from our more aerial threat then?

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Push up, commit players, quick one touch passing with good movement off the ball, that's what was needed yesterday.

The squad we have is more than capable of playing that way as well.

Birmingham were comfortable, we didn't ask them enough questions because our play is slow and predictable and unless Bobby can get a plan b, every single manager in this league will come to Eastlands, play the same way and we will drop the points we need to grasp that top 4 spot.
I think they are capable of big improvements. Your judging the attacking play of City minus Balotelli and Adebayor and with Teve half fit. Not surprising you come up with a negative result

I have no problem with a defensive approach when its warranted, let me make that clear. For me against the top sides, Mancini sets us up very well and he can take a lot of credit for the wins against Chelsea, Liverpool and the excellent displays against both Arsenal and the Rags, yes i was happy with a point on Wednesday. But he has to adapt tactics based on the opposition and the threat that they carry and Birmingham at home is not Chelsea at home. The players are not overly important for me, they are all top notch but the tactics, speed of play and adaptability needed in the prem are and Bobby has to be big enough to realise that and work on it because we are one dimensional at present and easy to work out and play against, especially for the lesser sides.

shadygiz said:
Sabster said:
We brought on RSC to add more of an aerial threat....

And when our two other best attackers are injured who are we supposed to bring on?

absolutely useless if you're not going to commit support players forward to capitalise on the knock-downs or hold up play.

how many more times did we get to the byline and put in a decent cross to gain advantage from our more aerial threat then?

About 20 I would say.

And we committed masses of players forward.

The only players holding back were De Jong Kompany and Kolo (but even he bombed forward)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Marvin said:
But we won't be able to play our first choice XI every week. There will be injuries and suspensions and what blueinsa is saying is that there is no Plan B for when, say, Ballotelli or Tevez aren't playing.

I think the general idea is that we finish 4th and attract better players. Giving us better options than the likes of RSC & Jo.

I don't beleive this squad can challenege for the title, but I do think they'll qualify for CL. Mancini said something similar at the fans forum. In 2-3 years, we will be as strong as anyone.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Marvin said:

How good are chelsea without Drogba or Anelka?

i lost count of how many times we were attacking and had 6 players in our own 1/2 not evern trying to get forward,and how many freekicks do we get just inside there 1/2 and always pass sideways or back when it could be banged stright into the edge of there box,its slow negative passing sideways shit football an if thats what u want/like enjoy.i for one fckin hate it

I just don't understand how people can tolerate this shit Italian football in a sky blue shirt we must be the most unattractive team in the premier outside scouseland and maybe even including them

We have to put pressure on teams and be not afraid to push up when they have the ball. We have some teriffic defenders, so why do we need to always have two players vs one when the opposition have the ball. We should show complete confidence in our defenders and leave them one on one.

We are lacking in any players that are willing to run ahead of our centre forward and no player attacks the oppositon penalty area.

When we do win the ball near our own penalty area, we are so slow in getting forward that by the time we're in the opposition half they have seven men behind the ball and when we do break forward there are only a couple of players busting a gut to get forward

christen at St Marks said:
I just don't understand how people can tolerate this shit Italian football in a sky blue shirt we must be the most unattractive team in the premier outside scouseland and maybe even including them
You're basing your opinion on the result. There is no way anyone who watched the game yesterday can say we were negative. The only negatives were the result and that was a draw and the booing fans who are not fans but ignorant brats. We dominated the play. Made loads of chances. I saw the best left back display in a city shirt for years. The defence was solid and we got another clean sheet. If we had scored in the first half this board would have been full of threads about how strong we are. As it is we were unable to finish any of the 20 chances we had. Some of which were easy. The idea that we should change the manager is fucking ludicrous and the usual suspects on here need to start thinking about what it means to support a club rather than continue on their anti Mancini vendettas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.