Incredible Ireland stats when he starts for City this season

skybluekings

I just checked our game results this season and found something interesting.

City, this season, has won every game (except UTD) Ireland has started in!!

Ireland starts:
15.08 Blackburn away = win
22.08 Wolves home = win
27.08 Crystal Palace Carling Cup = win
30.08 Portsmouth away = win
15.09 Arsenal home = win
23.09 Fulham Carling Cup = win
28.10 Scunthorpe Carling Cup = win

Then for some reason (maybe his illness against Fulham) Ireland doesn't start games and City's results dry up.

Games where Ireland Doesn't start:
28.09 West Ham home = win
05.10 Aston Villa away = draw
18.10 Wigan away = draw
25.10 Fulham home = draw
01.11 Birmingham away = draw

Couldn't be anymore clearer than that. The stats don't lie.
City are a better team, a winning team, with Ireland starting the game.
--------------

I posted this inside another thread but I felt it was too important to go unnoticed getting lost on page "x" etc.

skybluekings said:

Ireland starts:
22.08 Wolves home = win
15.09 Arsenal home = win

Then for some reason (maybe his illness against Fulham) Ireland doesn't start games and City's results dry up.

18.10 Wigan away = draw
25.10 Fulham home = draw

--------------

I posted this inside another thread but I felt it was too important to go unnoticed getting lost on page "x" etc.
#

My feelings exactly and I'm growing tired of telling people...

skybluekings said:

Ireland starts:
22.08 Wolves home = win
15.09 Arsenal home = win

18.10 Wigan away = draw
25.10 Fulham home = draw

--------------

Really interesting mate! if that isn't the proof that Ireland should be starting for us then I don't know what is!!

I dont think De Jong and Barry in the same team helps either.

Maybe for the BIG games, but none of the last few we have drew.

Hughes job is to get this right. Lets hope the lightbulb pops on sooner rather than later

I want Ireland in the team as well, but those stats don't tell the full story really, there's a whole other bunch of factors that can affect results. From Ade and Robbie getting injured, the derby loss denting confidence, even maybe Dunne being sold, other teams figuring out our style of play, just a different style of opposition etc, could go on forever.

MonsallBlue said:
I dont think De Jong and Barry in the same team helps either.

Maybe for the BIG games, but none of the last few we have drew.

Hughes job is to get this right. Lets hope the lightbulb pops on sooner rather than later

It was only the same as Kompany / De Jong / Zabaleta being rotated as two defensive midfielders last season. That has not changed (the tactic).

When Robinho has started we haven't conceded, it doesn't mean he is vital to our defence. I do agree that Ireland is vital to our play though.

PabZab said:
When Robinho has started we haven't conceded, it doesn't mean he is vital to our defence. I do agree that Ireland is vital to our play though.

Now that would be skewing the stats. Robinho has been available for just 4 games total this season whereas Ireland has been available for 13 games.

reading last night's evening news, it appears shay given may have gave something away about our tactics. he clearly says that our aim is to 'keep it tight' and then hopefully we'll have the better players that will score goals. this is exactly what i thought! negative tactics. hughes should be telling our boys to go out and rip the opposition to shreds! especially against the lesser sides. we're more than capable.

I think Hughes is giving Ireland a break as his early season form wasn't great by his own high standards and then he got that thing against Fulham with his head. It happens with all young players doesn't it? lack of form, rest then ease them back in. I'm just glad we've got players who can come in when things like this happen. I'm convinced Ireland will come good. It's just a matter of being patient. We can afford to now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.