Incredible we done so well without de Bruyne

I think we have done incredibly well to maintain such high quality football under these circumstances.

It's not just the absence of Kev either. Mendy as already stated, Fernandinho and Pep could get himself a job in the circus the amount of juggling he's had to pull off in the defence and the holding midfield.

The thing that really stands out for me is the lack of recognition from the broadcasting media. Despite having key players sidelined for such large parts of the season I have yet to hear how well our defence of the title has been.

Compare this to the rags and Chelsea's title defenses (both of which dropped outside the top four) we have been phenomenal.

What a time to be Blue!

I think we have done incredibly well to maintain such high quality football under these circumstances.

It's not just the absence of Kev either. Mendy as already stated, Fernandinho and Pep could get himself a job in the circus the amount of juggling he's had to pull off in the defence and the holding midfield.

The thing that really stands out for me is the lack of recognition from the broadcasting media. Despite having key players sidelined for such large parts of the season I have yet to hear how well our defence of the title has been.

Compare this to the rags and Chelsea's title defenses (both of which dropped outside the top four) we have been phenomenal.

What a time to be Blue!

Actually on one of the programs here for the International Premier League Broadcast - this precise point of doing so well despite injuries was bought up ( it was mentioned in a piece online which the panel was discussing ). It was quickly brushed aside - saying if any side can cope with injuries it is city and it is expected as we spends Millions on players.

This despite the fact that we have seen the rags spend millions and still sack their managers

he's injured, he shouldn't be diving on players backs etc at cup finals. good player but a clown.
I hear what you're saying Bill and although it sometimes feels like Balotelli is back, this is completely different.

Mendy for me represents a player who is completely invested in the club. He illustrates the togetherness of the team and he expressing his gratitude to his teammates who are doing a sterling job.

My son met him at the game midweek and he said he comes across as a really nice bloke.

De Bruyne always feels to me like he needs a good run of games to get to his best and he hasn't had that this year. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect it will be next season before we have him firing again.
That might not be a bad thing, if these rumours of a two window ban materialise.

Same for Mendy. It could end up looking like two new signings.

The truth is we didn't look half the team when Kev was back in.

He was far from fit but even some of the basics were way off.

It came at the expense of Bernardo and trying to shoe-horn other people in.

He's a world class player but he clearly doesn't hit fitness as quickly as some.

Game changer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.