independent on sunday

Simon Kelner, the editor of The Independent, is a City fan.

I watched a 'Day in the Life' style documentary about him on BBC News 24 last week and he has a signed shirt on the wall of his office. In his words, "I'm a true Mancunian and I therefore support the true Manchester club."

So, just goes to show, not everyone hates us afterall.

Well researched article, in a quality paper.
As has been said, the "Indie" doesn't have an agenda, and gives a balanced view in it's articles.
Unlike the shite you get every day in the red tops.

So refreshing to read such a well-researched, well-reasoned and well-written article. Any more of this quality journalism and I'll be contemplating a defection from my Daily Sport

good quote witch player if any is the can opener.?Still think we need a bit more creativity in the middle of the park in the fabregas mould.is milner that player.? we will see mancini knows the score and will get it right.

Blue Dan said:

I watched a 'Day in the Life' style documentary about him on BBC News 24 last week and he has a signed shirt on the wall of his office. In his words, "I'm a true Mancunian and I therefore support the true Manchester club."

Well I never. Probably more pro Mancunian than the 'Manchester Guardian' is these days.

There was another, similar article in the Telegraph too.

somapop said:
Blue Dan said:

Well I never. Probably more pro Mancunian than the 'Manchester Guardian' is these days.

There was another, similar article in the Telegraph too.

The Grauniad's my paper of choice but it's definitely not pro-City; its long association with the MUEN may have something to do with that.

Ex-Sun editor David Yelland is a City fan which was why his confession to being an alcoholic shouldn't have surprised anyone.

When I was running my fanzine, I received a letter from the editor of the Morning Star asking for a free subscription. I wrote back to advise them that he could have a free subscription if they would return the favour. I didn't hear another thing after that but that's communism in action for you!

Northenden's not that bad!

Though I'm biased as my Dad grew up there and grandparents still live there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.