Indian red onion

mancitygaz

I remember a thread about this ages ago. The raw red onion stuff you get with poppadoms.

Did anyone find out the recipe?

Cheers.

Good call. I'd also like to know how to make the chilli sauce you get on kebabs. I've tried all sorts from the supermarket but nothing tastes anything like it.

I know whenever I've asked its definitely got ketchup in.

I've tried and failed miserably to replicate this at home.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm --<br /><br />
wayne71 said:
Good call. I'd also like to know how to make the chilli sauce you get on kebabs. I've tried all sorts from the supermarket but nothing tastes anything like it.

This is also a good shout. Again I have tried and failed with this.

the owner of indian restaraunt told us its chopped up onion (obviously),tomato puree,and tabasco

Just found this on google and will give it a go but what the fuck is 1'C' and 1/2 'C' as in the onion and tomato paste measurement? I'm guessing the 't' is teaspoon.

1 C. Red Onions (Finely Chopped)
1/2 C. Tomato Paste
1 t. Paprika
1/2 t. Cumin
1/2 t. Oil
1/4 t. Sugar
1/2 t. Salt

Method
1. Heat the oil, then add the tomato paste and seasonings to the oil and simmer.
2. Mix with raw onions, chill. Serve chilled

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.