indie music

audiodave08 said:
blue_chili_pepper said:
how would you define indie music??? like artic monkeys etc??

its all about punk and rock mate! stone roses, the smiths, red hot chili peppers, dead kennedys, jimi hendrix, iggy pop and the stooges, morrissey, ian brown, sex pistols, new order just to name a few ;)

indie used to be lesser known bands on smaller labels, these days it seems to be the likes of arctic monkeys and such getting their music across on myspace etc. dont know what it is but i would mostly listen to US indie. band of horses, cold war kids etc. i was hoping some of you could point me in the direction of a few UK indie bands. i like the wombats and bloc party but havent heard any new UK indie acts

Foals, Long Blondes (not new I know), Vampire Weekend, Cage the Elephant, Friendly Fires are some of my favourite new(ish) indie bands. White Lies are decent, there's a lot of fuss being made about them at the moment.

mcigo said:
audiodave08 said:
blue_chili_pepper said:

its all about punk and rock mate! stone roses, the smiths, red hot chili peppers, dead kennedys, jimi hendrix, iggy pop and the stooges, morrissey, ian brown, sex pistols, new order just to name a few ;)

indie used to be lesser known bands on smaller labels, these days it seems to be the likes of arctic monkeys and such getting their music across on myspace etc. dont know what it is but i would mostly listen to US indie. band of horses, cold war kids etc. i was hoping some of you could point me in the direction of a few UK indie bands. i like the wombats and bloc party but havent heard any new UK indie acts

Foals, Long Blondes (not new I know), Vampire Weekend, Cage the Elephant, Friendly Fires are some of my favourite new(ish) indie bands. White Lies are decent, there's a lot of fuss being made about them at the moment.

heard alot about them, must check them out. have you heard tv on the radio's new album?

audiodave08 said:
mcigo said:
audiodave08 said:
blue_chili_pepper said:

heard alot about them, must check them out. have you heard tv on the radio's new album?

A lot of people rate them, I just never really got into them. Wouldn't know where to start now.

their new album is more accessible than their previous effort. check out their latest single "dancing choose" thats a decent place to start.

TV on the radio's new album is amazing! Friendly fires good too.

Also check out Late of the Pier and Gaslight Anthem. 2 quality bands

Thanx4Knives said:
Go to last fm search for tv on the radio then play they're station and you'll hear something you like!

we have restricted internet access in work so any websites streaming media or games we cant access. i do however have external hard drive hooked up with 100 gig of albums, music videos and movies lol

audiodave08 said:
Thanx4Knives said:
Go to last fm search for tv on the radio then play they're station and you'll hear something you like!

we have restricted internet access in work so any websites streaming media or games we cant access. i do however have external hard drive hooked up with 100 gig of albums, music videos and movies lol

Wow your cool!

Thanx4Knives said:
audiodave08 said:
Thanx4Knives said:

Wow your cool!

you better believe it son! im also quite good at pool as well ill have you know ;)

mcfc28 said:
TV on the radio's new album is amazing! Friendly fires good too.

Also check out Late of the Pier and Gaslight Anthem. 2 quality bands

Late of the Pier are class. They made my favourite album from last year, I didn't mention them here because they're not strictly indie are they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.