Individual Match Tickets - 2024/25

I was thinking this as well. It's touting, pure and simple.
53k seats, we've probably got about 40k season ticket holders. The club hives off a chunk for hospitality, puts a relative handful on sale all on the same day weeks before the season begins. It certainly makes tickets look scarce...but watch. As the season goes on, ST holders relist their seats and rows held off for hospitality are returned, you find out that while there's certainly demand...it's not actually as mad as the club makes it look.

I wouldn't doubt that seeing how many tickets show up on viagogo-esque sites but also we're just one of the "new cool things" for Americans.

The Prem has blown up in the US over the last 5 years. We've won 4 of those.

The comedy Ted Lasso on Apple TV was a massive sensation over there. We're the most prominently featured Premier League team on the show.

There are going to be the bandwagon fans who just want to come over and see the team they've been lifelong fans of for the last few years.

It's why the club release tickets the way they do, in one giant batch. It gives the day trippers time to plan.

I genuinely believe they'd get rid of season tickets if they knew it wouldn't bring about absolute chaos.
Your last sentence is spot on.

The club are a disgrace - I'm fuming on this - to be able to buy memberships this morning and have no record with the club and get as many tickets as you like is a joke. They do not give a toss about the fans and want to maximise revenue. I'm only trying as I have a 5 year old and a 7 year old who are really engaged and would like to go. Otherwise, I would have given up and accept that the club is lost to me.
They've introduced a ticketing lottery system by the front door and City Matters have been asleep at the wheel.

Yeah mine's gone down 2k in 30 mins. Now at 36948. It's good to be back in Manc. I will have been in the queue longer here than for Gills tickets at Wembley at this rate. Granted that was outside in Moss Side straight from a club whereas here I am sat with everybody else fuming with a brew....but still

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.