Inflatables Madness for Reading game.

SS117 said:
Matty said:
Well, I apologies for having a different opinion on this.

Apparently being an adult and realising waving a giant inflatable about at a football match is all a little childish and ridiculous puts me in a minority......
Just makes the atmosphere better, you're a boring git arn't you.
You see, I just don't get that, not one little bit.

Singing and chanting makes the atmosphere better, getting involved in friendly banter with the away fans makes the atmosphere better. I simply don't see how waving an inflatable Frankenstein has any affect on the atmosphere.

Matty said:
Fucking inflatables.

I'm not 10 years old and I'm not by the pool.
coach-ergo-patent-handbag-pink.jpg

Whilst I'm neither for nor against inflatables, we'll look right twats if we lose. It's almost like we're partying before getting the result. I don't think we'd be doing it if we had Arsenal in the quarter final.

Matty said:
Well, I apologies for having a different opinion on this.

Apparently being an adult and realising waving a giant inflatable about at a football match is all a little childish and ridiculous puts me in a minority......

Where as joinging arms with poeple and jumping up and down is ok?

banter!

nunogo said:
Whilst I'm neither for nor against inflatables, we'll look right twats if we lose. It's almost like we're partying before getting the result. I don't think we'd be doing it if we had Arsenal in the quarter final.
Aye, against Hamburg, clearly we were already celebrating before we were through weren't we? It will make for a better atmosphere. It gets people in the mood. People having a laugh and being daft leads to a better atmosphere.

nunogo said:
I kind of agree here. Inflatables does invoke a kind of party feel to the game, almost as if we're taking Reading for granted. Yes, we should be far too strong for them, but it wouldn't be the first time we've lost to inferior opposition.

Obviously I think the whole idea of inflatables is stupid, but even ignoring my own personal opinion on this, the above argument certainly carries some merit.

nunogo said:
even city have got to pull through at some point and win an important game

Matty said:
nunogo said:
I kind of agree here. Inflatables does invoke a kind of party feel to the game, almost as if we're taking Reading for granted. Yes, we should be far too strong for them, but it wouldn't be the first time we've lost to inferior opposition.

Obviously I think the whole idea of inflatables is stupid, but even ignoring my own personal opinion on this, the above argument certainly carries some merit.

No I don't think you ignored your personal feeling one little bit there did you.

As the great Skashion explained, did we do this against Hamburg? Yes. We did. Were we prematurely celebrating? No.

ALso, you ignored my point about me not bursting into church on a Sunday to explain to them that they are all wrong and wasting their lives. We must you impinge on our fun?

SWP's back said:
Matty said:

No I don't think you ignored your personal feeling one little bit there did you.

As the great Skashion explained, did we do this against Hamburg? Yes. We did. Were we prematurely celebrating? No.

ALso, you ignored my point about me not bursting into church on a Sunday to explain to them that they are all wrong and wasting their lives. We must you impinge on our fun?

I ignored your church comparison because it was inane, vacuous and utterly stupid. It also didn't constitute a "point" as to class it as such would give it too much merit.

I did indeed ignore my personal feelings, as it's I who have ignored them then it is only I that can tell you whether I have in fact done so. You may not believe I did but, quite frankly, I can't say that I'm overly bothered by that.

I honestly can't remember if we had inflatables for the Hamburg game or not, it was 2 years ago, I've been to many games since so the exact details of what the crowd held in their hands for that one escapes me. Whether it's been done in the past or not isn't really the point here, inflatables were waved at football matches all the time in the late 80's and early 90's, and obviously those occasions can't be attributed to prematurely celebrating. However each game needs to be assessed on its own merits, and a home tie against Reading in the FA Cup Quarter Final combined with a "lets wave blow up fruit" campaign gives the impression of celebrating early, whether you like it or not. Should we lose that match the picture people will take away from the game is a group of fans in party mode trudging away from the game looking rather foolish.

Matty said:
SWP's back said:

I ignored your church comparison because it was inane, vacuous and utterly stupid. It also didn't constitute a "point" as to class it as such would give it too much merit.

I did indeed ignore my personal feelings, as it's I who have ignored them then it is only I that can tell you whether I have in fact done so. You may not believe I did but, quite frankly, I can't say that I'm overly bothered by that.

I honestly can't remember if we had inflatables for the Hamburg game or not, it was 2 years ago, I've been to many games since so the exact details of what the crowd held in their hands for that one escapes me. Whether it's been done in the past or not isn't really the point here, inflatables were waved at football matches all the time in the late 80's and early 90's, and obviously those occasions can't be attributed to prematurely celebrating. However each game needs to be assessed on its own merits, and a home tie against Reading in the FA Cup Quarter Final combined with a "lets wave blow up fruit" campaign gives the impression of celebrating early, whether you like it or not. Should we lose that match the picture people will take away from the game is a group of fans in party mode trudging away from the game looking rather foolish.
or we could go to the match get behind the team have a laugh see what happens and not give a flying fuck what anybody else thinks

thats what I will be doing anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.