Inflation - when is this going to end?

Thankfully sorted our mortgage out yesterday so that’s one less thing to worry about.

Came off a three year fixed rate a couple of months ago at probably the worst time in decades.

Fixed at five years at 3.89% with no fees. I was expecting a higher rate to be honest at the moment so am pretty pleased with that.

Thankfully sorted our mortgage out yesterday so that’s one less thing to worry about.

Came off a three year fixed rate a couple of months ago at probably the worst time in decades.

Fixed at five years at 3.89% with no fees. I was expecting a higher rate to be honest at the moment so am pretty pleased with that.

Sounds good,we are looking ourselves,who you gone with?

Cheers

If the war in Ukraine ends and sanctions end which will restore energy prices back to what they were is it likely we would see a reduction in bills?

Likewise if production of wheat and other key raw materials are restored and exported from Ukraine, will the lower costs be passed on to the consumer or would suppliers / retailers hold on to their higher margins?

Every man and his dog is forcing through CPIs on the consumer. Initially I thought they are all being margin hungry but now accept energy bills are going to kill businesses.

Interest rates going up by another 0.75%.

My economics is a little rusty, but when inflation is being caused by supply side constrictions as is the case at the moment, and people have comparatively little disposable income as it is, it seems to me that trying to cool the demand side through brutal interest rate increases will do more harm than good.

The price caps (read: government bailouts) on the supply side with energy will do a bit to help I suppose, particularly now they're applying it to businesses too. Assuming businesses do actually pass on some of this to consumers and not just continue jacking prices up.

A bit like covid though, it's just kicking the can down the road. We'll still have to pay for all this in the end.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.