Inigo Martinez

Lets talk about his guy .. I knew for sure since November hes our main target in january for the following reasons ..

First .. I think the Van Dijk link is just bullshit to put some pressure on Martinez to accept joining as 4th choice CB! Pep denied the link to Van Dijk and praised him at the same time .. Pep usually admit interest in all players we were interested in! I didnt beleieve the Van Dijk story for the reasons .. 1- hes too expensive and where the funds suddenly came from .. I know we struggled for funds for a CB in the summer .. 2- The form Otamendi and Stones at this season .. best CB pairing in the world .. so he wont accept being 4th choice .. I say 4th and not 3rd because our long term 3rd choice will be left footed. 3- hes right footed and we have 3 right footed CB's .. no way Pep is adding a 4th one ..Pep talked about the importance of having a left footed CB on the left for smoother flow of the ball in the build up .. our long term plan for CB will be 2 right footed and 2 left footed ..and this is more important when we play 3 at the back ..

Second: Martinez is a left footed ball playing center back who can also play left back .. versatility is something Pep demands in his squad .. usually we will be linked with versatile players who will add crazy depth to the squad .. I see people mentioning Philip Max .. no way hes coming .. Delph and Martinez will be back ups to Mendy .. there is no foreign spot for a back up left back .. Pep in the summer looked for a homegrown one ..Martinez can solve that problem and no need to sign anyone! Martinez is also needed to play on the left of a 3 man defense in the future.

Third: hes as good as Van Dijk. Just because our fanbase did not watch him play and no hype about him does not mean hes an inferior player! Hes on the wishlist of both Pep and Valverde .. two of the best teams and coaches in the world .. that says alot about him .. I watched him play many many games .. hes great at the ball at his feet and good in the air .. he scored many headers too .. with Pep's coaching he will be a world class centerback!

4th: his price tag is a steal in this market!

Whats left now to convince him to join in January! Other targets for the centerback are thrown there to pressure him .. in conclusion our target for CB will be left footed .. if its not this guy it will be Lucas Hernandez which is harder to pull in January ..!

Lets talk about his guy .. I knew for sure since November hes our main target in january for the following reasons ..

First .. I think the Van Dijk link is just bullshit to put some pressure on Martinez to accept joining as 4th choice CB! Pep denied the link to Van Dijk and praised him at the same time .. Pep usually admit interest in all players we were interested in! I didnt beleieve the Van Dijk story for the reasons .. 1- hes too expensive and where the funds suddenly came from .. I know we struggled for funds for a CB in the summer .. 2- The form Otamendi and Stones at this season .. best CB pairing in the world .. so he wont accept being 4th choice .. I say 4th and not 3rd because our long term 3rd choice will be left footed. 3- hes right footed and we have 3 right footed CB's .. no way Pep is adding a 4th one ..Pep talked about the importance of having a left footed CB on the left for smoother flow of the ball in the build up .. our long term plan for CB will be 2 right footed and 2 left footed ..and this is more important when we play 3 at the back ..

Second: Martinez is a left footed ball playing center back who can also play left back .. versatility is something Pep demands in his squad .. usually we will be linked with versatile players who will add crazy depth to the squad .. I see people mentioning Philip Max .. no way hes coming .. Delph and Martinez will be back ups to Mendy .. there is no foreign spot for a back up left back .. Pep in the summer looked for a homegrown one ..Martinez can solve that problem and no need to sign anyone! Martinez is also needed to play on the left of a 3 man defense in the future.

Third: hes as good as Van Dijk. Just because our fanbase did not watch him play and no hype about him does not mean hes an inferior player! Hes on the wishlist of both Pep and Valverde .. two of the best teams and coaches in the world .. that says alot about him .. I watched him play many many games .. hes great at the ball at his feet and good in the air .. he scored many headers too .. with Pep's coaching he will be a world class centerback!

Whats left now to convince him to join in January! Other targets for the centerback are thrown there to pressure him .. in conclusion our target for CB will be left footed .. if its not this guy it will be Lucas Hernandez which is harder to pull in January ..!

You are simply speculating - you said he was defo joining in Jan and now you are spouting we still need to convince him and it might not even be him - Only on BM

Bear in mind we have only one foreign spot left in the team in UCL. We are signing 2 players this January .. one is Inigo Martinez because he can play CB and LB too. So when it comes to the forward player .. either someone leaves or hes homegown and will be last choice forward!

I'm not convinced by this guy. He's twenty seven so he's hardly young or a top prospect, I think we'd be best in for a younger talent like Diakhaby who would be willing to be third choice but can be moulded into the player we need over time.

I'm sure but I'm not, that's a hard read of pure nonsense and made up facts based on your opinion.
Pep pep pep pep pep pep, well annoying.

I'm not convinced by this guy. He's twenty seven so he's hardly young or a top prospect, I think we'd be best in for a younger talent like Diakhaby who would be willing to be third choice but can be moulded into the player we need over time.
Young lads need to be playing every week, he simply won't be able to do that here.

He was good in la liga but Pellegrini made him look average, as well as some of our other players
He was ok, but it was Pep that fixed the rashness and the diving in , it wasnt Pellegrini that put those into Otamendis game. From the videos I have looked at it seems Martinez has the same problems for Pep to iron out.

He was ok, but it was Pep that fixed the rashness and the diving in , it wasnt Pellegrini that put those into Otamendis game. From the videos I have looked at it seems Martinez has the same problems for Pep to iron out.

He was in the team of the year mate, he was more than 'ok'. I agree with everything you've said though, pep has developed him into a better player. As for Martinez, I've not seen enough of him for me to make any comments about him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.