Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

5 injuries isn't anything out of the norm, plenty of other clubs currently have just as many if not more injuries, and this wont be a one-off for us either. it's a consequence of our decision to go with a super small squad and loan out or sell any potential filler that it's going to hit us harder.

It was peps choice to have a smaller squad, we had the money and the space to bolster it but chose not to so now we deal with the one obvious and inevitable drawback when we're short on numbers.

The likes of gomez, bobb, Phillips and to a lesser extent lewis are going to have to up their game because pep can't not use them and some are going to find themselves on the pitch against top opposition very soon.

We've got an absolutely killer fixture schedule in october/November that sees us play arsenal, brighton, United, bournemouth,chelsea,liverpool, spurs in a row with champions league games every midweek too, that's a horrific set of fixtures. Hopefully we get some back before that and crucially can avoid burning out those that are still fit as that could be a harmful schedule to go into without enough to be able to rotate.

A disastrous night that is. Stones' "longer" must mean a month, Grealish 7-10 days is huge, KDB is 3+ months and Silva "next games" means 3-4 weeks or more.
This is horrifying and I guess we will start dropping points here and there :(

Let's not forget our natural leader and best player KDB will be off for 4 months. Don't really think we could win big games without him.
Tough days coming :(
Fucks sake you’re a real optimist aren’t you

A disastrous night that is. Stones' "longer" must mean a month, Grealish 7-10 days is huge, KDB is 3+ months and Silva "next games" means 3-4 weeks or more.

Let's not forget our natural leader and best player KDB will be off for 4 months. Don't really think we could win big games without him.
Is this post a piss take?

As far as I'm aware KDB and Stones have been out all season. We played 6 and won 6 without them.

As for the "don't really think we could win big games without him".

He went off in the Champions League Final at 0-0 and guess what happened...Yes we won. I can also remember winning league titles without KDB due to long injury periods.

Not sure that Guardiola did actually say that about Stones.

He’s not the easiest bloke to understand sometimes but on Stones I think he said that “he still didn’t play, it’s a little bit long”, whatever that means. But he didn’t say longer.
I assumed he meant that Stones is just out for a little bit longer but will be back soon

Horrifying?

Horrifying?

Disastrous night? Do fuck off

odd that Silva jsut sat down with the other players when he came off, must just be a bit of tightness otherwise would have gone straight in and got the ice treatment. he didnt seem to suddenly pull up so dont think its too bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.