Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

Ake being back would be a big plus as Gvardiol has looked a bit sloppy at times in the big games. I still think we're a lot better with Ake at LB and Gvardiol should be playing at LCB, but I'm sure Pep will be working towards that at some point.

As others have said, Stones is a huge loss if unavailable. If he starts we win, if not there's still a good chance we do but it's a tighter occasion.

Bit questions ahead of this one - but with a few injuries I'd expect him to play the same midfield/attacking 6 of Rodri, Bernardo, Alvarez, Foden, Grealish, Haaland that destroyed the rags. Use Doku when the game is won!

The annoying thing is that todays press conference will be dominated by idiotic questions about Everton's punishment and would it could mean for City, and probably not a single question about the injury situation, which is what most fans want to know about.
Pep wouldn’t answer anyway.

“I don’t know. We have training later, so we will see who is there.”

Staggers me Pep (or any manager) comments on any injury. Can only help the opposition knowing if someone is definitely out. Tough shit fans wanting to know, they’ll know one hour before kick off. Just like the opposition should.
Pep should simply shrug and say “we’ll see tomorrow.”

Ake being back would be a big plus as Gvardiol has looked a bit sloppy at times in the big games. I still think we're a lot better with Ake at LB and Gvardiol should be playing at LCB, but I'm sure Pep will be working towards that at some point.

As others have said, Stones is a huge loss if unavailable. If he starts we win, if not there's still a good chance we do but it's a tighter occasion.

Bit questions ahead of this one - but with a few injuries I'd expect him to play the same midfield/attacking 6 of Rodri, Bernardo, Alvarez, Foden, Grealish, Haaland that destroyed the rags. Use Doku when the game is won!
Yep, agree with every point. If I were to be brutal I'm not sure Alverez is our best option as (basially) an attacking midfielder, and I think he works better with Stones dropping into to support. But without De Bruyne I think that's the best we've got. Definitely no Doku unless chasing the game.

The annoying thing is that todays press conference will be dominated by idiotic questions about Everton's punishment and would it could mean for City, and probably not a single question about the injury situation, which is what most fans want to know about.
You're making the mistake, that these press conferences are about football, they're just for cretin journalists to ask cretin questions, not related to actual football.

Ake at LB with Josko and Dias at CB would be my preference. Drop Akanji

So bizarre.

In the last few games he's played, Akanji has been the most consistent. But you'd prefer the erratic form in Dias to start ahead of him?

Against the forward line of the Dippers??

No chance for me; it would have to be WITH Akanji and let him join the mid press a la Stones, instead of Lewis. He's another one not suitable against the mid of the Bins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.