Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

Did ok when he missed half of the 2019 season
We had DSilva, BSilva, Gündoğan, Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Sané, Jesus and Agüero then.

Now we have Bernardo, Foden, Grealish, Álvarez, Palmer, McAtee and Håland.

Not saying we won’t cope but we have nowhere near the depth of quality. We didn’t miss de Bruyne in 2019, we barely noticed he wasn’t there, but we will this season.

We were fortunate last season that we barely picked up any injuries in attack, other than Foden with his injury then appendicitis everyone else was fit all season.

But we are paper thin and might not be as fortunate this season.

Hugle blow but is it a surprise?

KDB has struggled with his body for a long time, sadly I think we have seen him at his best.
We certainly have and are privileged to have him at our club…..we will also see him back to his best in the second half of this season - he has at least two more seasons at the top….I think more likely 3 or 4 seasons at a world class level. City rarely get these types of calls wrong !

Like us all gutted about KDB. However, there will be a time when we will have to play without him and I believe Pep of all managers will find a different way to play or get the players to perform in different ways. He has enough quality to work with and remould whilst KDB is injured. Would rather him be out this part of the season than the business end.

Why didn’t they sort this out after champions league final ??
We have a pretty good record dealing with injuries, I’m sure we typically take the best course of action. Was a feature of last season that most of our big hitters were available for key games. Surgery is normally a last resort.

Last edited:
We had DSilva, BSilva, Gündoğan, Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Sané, Jesus and Agüero then.

Now we have Bernardo, Foden, Grealish, Álvarez, Palmer, McAtee and Håland.

Not saying we won’t cope but we have nowhere near the depth of quality. We didn’t miss de Bruyne in 2019, we barely noticed he wasn’t there, but we will this season.

We were fortunate last season that we barely picked up any injuries in attack, other than Foden with his injury then appendicitis everyone else was fit all season.

But we are paper thin and might not be as fortunate this season.
Good post, it’s a big blow to our season without a doubt. Just hope we can stay in amongst the top 4 the till he comes back. It’s really highlighted how weak our front 6 are now. One things for sure we can’t afford to let Silva go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.