Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

A bigger squad wouldn't help that.

And the maximum we could increase it by anyway, is just 1 additional player. 1 player below the limit, that is where we are and how small our small squad is.
Exactly. If it had been a mix of experienced & bench players it wouldn’t even be mentioned (like some clubs who are forever using injuries as an excuse) but these 5 players are the spine of the team.

But hey- we’re good enough to cope & hopefully Kovacic will be back this week followed soon by Johnny & Jack

It happened when Phil missed his header from five yards and the rebound fell to Bernardo who after shooting felt his thigh. He moved back to the right wing and shouted over to Pep who tapped his thigh (Pep's not Bernardo's) and a minute later Bernardo came off. I am hoping it's a minor pull but recon he could miss the next few games including Arsenal. Need Jack and Kova to be back for that game to take work load off everyone else.
More like 5 minutes from when he first signalled to the bench.

I agree but the alternative isn't a much larger squad we are one player off having the maximum allowed.
We've quite a number of inexperienced players within that squad though, but we'd be having a pop at not giving the younger players a chance to flourish if we filled their places with more experienced players.

It is what it is, and we'll be just fine.

Now over to the Haaland thread to counter argue his inability to score goals this season!

So what do we do? Have a squad blotted like Chelsea and imagine we did and didn't have injuries every game we would have players not even making the bench earning massive wages not to mention what we would have to pay for them. It is what it is on the plus side when the injured players come back the others can be rotated and have a rest.
No something in between, we were immensely fortunate last season with injuries, given the world cup. But it's worrying that we have a lot so quickly now.
We sent too many out on loan. Too much of a gamble for me.

I’m predicting Gvardiol will play the Johnny Boulders role in midfield this weekend. Newcastle game will be a mix of first team squad and Academy players, then hopefully at least Kovacic, Stones and Jack should be available for the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.