Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson, De Bruyne, Akanji, Grealish & Nunes all back in training (p138)

Why play Walker with over 80 caps and Stones who is coming back from injury in meaningless friendly games. He would have had them play 180 minutes barring injury. He’s a **** and a useless one at that
That and his quote after saying stones hadn't played in two weeks so he should be fresh is so fucking braindead I couldn't believe it came out of his mouth. He hadn't played in two weeks because pep was managing his injuries by slowly reintroducing him. Southgate is a useless prick, and England should have fired him years ago

The clueless one didn't need to pick Stones for that meaningless game, so yeah his injury is all down to him.

It is, not all the blame of course but he’s definitely played a part with the inclusion of Stones in the second game.

Look, I get the counter argument that Southgate was just doing his job, but part of his job is to factor in a player’s injury record… not for City’s sake, for England’s. One bad injury and he misses the Euros.

Why play Walker with over 80 caps and Stones who is coming back from injury in meaningless friendly games. He would have had them play 180 minutes barring injury. He’s a **** and a useless one at that
Southgates job is to win games, not to rest players for City. Walker and Stones should have both woken up and realised what was more important and said to Southgate, yeah not going to play in this friendly today boss, got a bit of a twinge. Job done. Saka did it, why didn't they?

Walker I half understand because the guy basically plays 100% of the season and always has so this injury is extremely rare.
However, Stones injures himself when he makes toast in the morning so fuck knows what he was playing at.

That and his quote after saying stones hadn't played in two weeks so he should be fresh is so fucking braindead I couldn't believe it came out of his mouth. He hadn't played in two weeks because pep was managing his injuries by slowly reintroducing him. Southgate is a useless prick, and England should have fired him years ago
Totally agree mate. That’s why he is the perfect match for next manager at Old Trafford.

Southgates job is to win games, not to rest players for City. Walker and Stones should have both woken up and realised what was more important and said to Southgate, yeah not going to play in this friendly today boss, got a bit of a twinge. Job done. Saka did it, why didn't they?

Walker I half understand because the guy basically plays 100% of the season and always has so this injury is extremely rare.
However, Stones injures himself when he makes toast in the morning so fuck knows what he was playing at.
Waistcoats job is to prepare for the Euros with these friendly games and not to over exert players that are 100% nailed on to be in the squad. He is a total incompetent dick and an fa yes man who it is doubtful would get a job with a decent club

Why the hate for calling up the players, i get it Gareth is not that good for England because his tactic but for calling up player should not be the reason to hate him.

He is just doing his job like any other international manager to call up the best available player for national team selection. I don't think he will force the player to answer the call up when there's many example that these players can choose to refuse the call up for whatever reasons.

I think the blames should be on Kyle and John more so for John who should know better that he is not 100 fit enough to play games for us let alone for national team yet he still force himself to wants the play for national team.

Assuming Ederson, Walker and Stones aren't fit:-

Ortega
Akanje
Dias
Gvardiol
Ake (He's a better full back than Gvardiol)
Rodri
Bernardo
KDB (Should be good for at least 60-75 minutes)
Foden
Haaland
Grealish (As with KDB)

Are we having a sweep on what minute the Arsenal goalie sits down, to trigger the team talk?
I'll go 19th minute.
Kovatic must start alongside Rodri

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.