"Injuries" before internationals

True - and I genuinely can't remember many players at City missing international breaks.

Odd how something can suddenly become a "fact". I bet the people complaining genuinely think they remember lots of City players missing internationals too.
On a podcast last week some idiot called it something like a typical Pep trick to have Kev missing. It's noticeable how these third rate hacks when mentioning someone else grubbing a living off their so-called proffesion that so and so is a brilliant journo and their latest article is a must read. You literally have to get the sick bucket out listening to the gut churning compliments they pay to each other.

Fergie era rags pretty much invented the concept of the convenient injury ahead of an international break. It got so bad it would be a shock if their players actually turned up for national team duty.
Giggs always injured for the internationals,don't think so.

Shame we don't pull players like the others, its only hurting us. The media doesn't seem to be bothered by it. If Ben White can just nonchalantly tell waistcoat he doesn't want to be picked at this time then a mystery "injury" isn't going to look that suspect.

Last edited:
I feel like it’s often overlooked that some players really enjoy playing for their country. And it has an importance culturally that’s greater than in other countries. I think for the Croatians and the Argentinians it might be equal in importance to club football. I know club football is their job, but I don’t think all
Players would be willing to forgo international play.

Apparently it is only us that does it.

Arsenal and Liverpool fans have this in their heads from last March when Haaland pulled out of international fixtures with a groin issue.

He then missed Liverpool at home first fixture back too. But they forget that part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.