Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What actually has happened to g.jesus,I thought it was just a minor injury and he’d be back in a number of weeks,seen posts saying now it’s months possibly,what’s going on is the injury far worse than first thought ?

What actually has happened to g.jesus,I thought it was just a minor injury and he’d be back in a number of weeks,seen posts saying now it’s months possibly,what’s going on is the injury far worse than first thought ?

I think there was a tweet suggesting "months", but there's a quote from Friday saying "He has an injury in the part of his leg where if he injured it more he could be out for a long time. I don't know if he'll be back for the Champions League".

I may have missed something else, but hopefully Pep's mentioned "some months" as a possibility if we're not careful rather than what's actually happening.

Why the animosity towards a player who has done nothing but give his best for our club?

I don’t get the abuse this kid gets.

Granted he’s not the greatest, but he has contributed a lot to our recent success.
I totally agree, Zinchenko overall has made a positive contribution. We do not have the depth numerically of our main rivals, so having squad players fit is vital. He is good in possession, but gets exposed defensively. The key with him is picking the right games, play him when we will have a lot of possession, but not when we are up against real pace.

Reactions: CC1
Now there's a surprise Mendy is injured yet again. Why is this always happening with him, and not with any other defenders. He is just like Aguero, play a few games then injured again.

We need to get them both fully fit. We can't afford to be without either of them for any length of time. This squad is thin as it is, so any player missing will most certainly make it difficult for us

I think there was a tweet suggesting "months", but there's a quote from Friday saying "He has an injury in the part of his leg where if he injured it more he could be out for a long time. I don't know if he'll be back for the Champions League".

I may have missed something else, but hopefully Pep's mentioned "some months" as a possibility if we're not careful rather than what's actually happening.
Pep's not always the easiest to understand in his statements but I took him to mean that he's being protected from the possibility of a bad injury by being held back from the team at the moment but could be ready soon.

That’s good news if correct. Thanks

I totally agree, Zinchenko overall has made a positive contribution. We do not have the depth numerically of our main rivals, so having squad players fit is vital. He is good in possession, but gets exposed defensively. The key with him is picking the right games, play him when we will have a lot of possession, but not when we are up against real pace.
We've got much better depth than any of our rivals. Most of our bench would get in any other team. Our players just don't get bigged up by the media like others do. Can't think of a single non starter at Anfield who'd get in our squad. Can't think of a single player from the Rags first eleven.

We've got much better depth than any of our rivals. Most of our bench would get in any other team. Our players just don't get bigged up by the media like others do. Can't think of a single non starter at Anfield who'd get in our squad. Can't think of a single player from the Rags first eleven.
In terms of quality you might be right, but I said numerically. Most of the others have bigger squads. Pep doesn’t like having too many players which is fine, but you need numbers as the season goes on. My post was in response to a suggestion that it didn’t matter if Zinchenko is fit or not. I respectfully disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.