Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn’t helped that two thirds of the Prem Clubs who want an equal slice of the TV money refused to have 5 sub. That’s on the back of a shortened pre season and was pure self-interest.

Over the next 18 months some players who have had a lot of injuries in recent seasons after giving great service, including Fernandinho and Aguero, will move on and we should have fewer injuries. Other Clubs are suffering too like Liverpool and the rags and Spurs (in recent seasons).
And long may they continue to suffer! Long and often.

I must have missed it, but when did it become the norm to fit three international games into each break instead of two. It is astonishing when top players have had no break, no pre season etc. that they are doing this. That arsehole Southgate was speaking about Gomes last night in the abstract as if the injury had nothing to do with England or him. I don’t give a shit about Gomes, but these clowns also have custody of our players and their welfare. The Dutch boss has said last night after Ake’s injury that the game shouldn’t even of been played - wow.

As a (ex) rugby player, ive always wondered why do football players get seemingly more innocuous injuries (hamstring, deadleg, groin strain etc) that keep them out of games for periods of time....yet rugby players, in high impact and fast games, dont?

Is it largely precautionary? Todays professional rugby players are incredibly fit and not just the fat weight lifters of old. I guess they dont play as many games?

As a (ex) rugby player, ive always wondered why do football players get seemingly more innocuous injuries (hamstring, deadleg, groin strain etc) that keep them out of games for periods of time....yet rugby players, in high impact and fast games, dont?

Is it largely precautionary? Todays professional rugby players are incredibly fit and not just the fat weight lifters of old. I guess they dont play as many games?
Games will be part of it, I don't watch much rugby, hardly any really, but is rugby more direct? get the imnpression thgere is much less twisting,turning and changing direction in football than rugby.

Games will be part of it, I don't watch much rugby, hardly any really, but is rugby more direct? get the imnpression thgere is much less twisting,turning and changing direction in rugby.

Crikey, yeah rugby not only has high impact tackles....rucks and mauls with multiple bodies piled on top....and the way the backs play these days, its incredibly fast, twisting / turning and then getting clobbered.....there is an awful lot of long distance kicking.....really hoofing the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.