Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been banging on forever, what is the point of international friendlies. In fact what is the point of internationals at all during the COVID crisis.
Exactly, sheer madness something has to give here. In this November break the play off finals should be the only games taking place, this nations league tournament has been the worst idea imaginable, another international tournament was the last thing anybody wanted. Players must be bored out of their minds with all the football they have to play, I know they're paid very handsomely to play but it's only a job at the end of the day, bet some hate it.

Exactly, sheer madness something has to give here. In this November break the play off finals should be the only games taking place, this nations league tournament has been the worst idea imaginable, another international tournament was the last thing anybody wanted. Players must be bored out of their minds with all the football they have to play, I know they're paid very handsomely to play but it's only a job at the end of the day, bet some hate it.
How many of us actually watch it on the TV, I certainly don’t.

Ake was overcoming an injury when he signed for City. This injury had sidelined him for Bournemouth towards the end of last season.
That's what concerns me, as he'd played all 38 Premier League games the previous season, but joined City after supposedly overcoming an injury.

If it was just Ake, (or just Delph in 2015) then I wouldn't be bothered, but Gundogen, Sane and Mendy all arrived with injury baggage.

Surely any player coming back from an injury without playing significant minutes in their last club game shouldn't then have to play their first tentative game during international duty.

<stop_calling_me_shirley.gif>

That's what concerns me, as he'd played all 38 Premier League games the previous season, but joined City after supposedly overcoming an injury.

If it was just Ake, (or just Delph in 2015) then I wouldn't be bothered, but Gundogen, Sane and Mendy all arrived with injury baggage.
It hasn’t helped that two thirds of the Prem Clubs who want an equal slice of the TV money refused to have 5 sub. That’s on the back of a shortened pre season and was pure self-interest.

Over the next 18 months some players who have had a lot of injuries in recent seasons after giving great service, including Fernandinho and Aguero, will move on and we should have fewer injuries. Other Clubs are suffering too like Liverpool and the rags and Spurs (in recent seasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.